Quarterly Report

For community testing of Clerk Resources
lbrentj

Quarterly Report

Post by lbrentj »

Hey,
As a IT pro myself I would like to put in my suguestion for the clerk beta to fix something I would never allow in any system I designed. On the quarterly report there is a field called "Total endowed adults with a temple recommend". Why on earth does this field not auto populate???? Do I really need to go to the report that shows me this number and then enter it by hand! the system already pulls the total number of endowed adults from the database so why do you not do the same with this field? :confused:
mevans

Re: Quarterly Report

Post by mevans »

Does temple recommend expiration date information move with the membership record, or is it "local data" that doesn't get synced with headquarters? Years ago it was just local. I don't know if it is synchronized now.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

mevans wrote:Does temple recommend expiration date information move with the membership record, or is it "local data" that doesn't get synced with headquarters? Years ago it was just local. I don't know if it is synchronized now.
There is a Temple Recommend Status report on the Clerk and Leader Resources portal which shows expiration dates so the information is definitely at headquarters and is available to the same system that does the quarterly report.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mevans wrote:Does temple recommend expiration date information move with the membership record, or is it "local data" that doesn't get synced with headquarters?
I do not know if it actually moves with the record, but it gets there somehow, either with the record itself, or when MLS data is pushed from Hq to MLS in a separate action.
lbrentj

Post by lbrentj »

It doesnt matter if it is stored local and uploaded the fact is it can be reported on and therefore can be auto populated into the report and should be to avoid errors.
I mean why would you want to manula enter this number. Recommends are not a discretionary number you enter and are tracked by HQ.
lbrentj

Post by lbrentj »

And While I'm at it the home and visiting teaching families visited should pull that number from the database as well unless the intent is to fudge the number.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lbrentj wrote:And While I'm at it the home and visiting teaching families visited should pull that number from the database as well unless the intent is to fudge the number.
Some units don't record their HT/VT in MLS, so for such units it is required that they have a way to enter the number on the report in some other way.

Since you're talking about Clerk Resources, there is currently a technological hurdle -- HT/VT statistics are not stored on Church servers, and so they cannot be pulled into the Clerk Resources Quarterly Report. But work is underway to move that data to Church servers, and once that is done, I would certainly say that the numbers should be pulled into the Quarterly Report as a starting point. In my opinion, there still should be a way to enter a different number. There are valid reasons for this, and there is no reason to assume that anyone who does so is attempting to "fudge the number."

Return to “Beta Clerk Resources”