Stake auxiliary leader permissions in LDS Tools

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
gischihan

Stake auxiliary leader permissions in LDS Tools

Post by gischihan »

As a member of the stake YM Presidency, I often need to contact youth from units other than my own. I don't always know who their parents are, so having access to the youth information for other units in the stake would be extremely helpful. The online directory has tools based on callings in MLS. Could access to other-unit minor information be given based on the Stake callings (Primary, YM,YW) in the app and/or online?
eblood66

Re: Stake auxiliary leader permissions in LDS Tools

Post by eblood66 »

gischihan wrote:As a member of the stake YM Presidency, I often need to contact youth from units other than my own. I don't always know who their parents are, so having access to the youth information for other units in the stake would be extremely helpful. The online directory has tools based on callings in MLS. Could access to other-unit minor information be given based on the Stake callings (Primary, YM,YW) in the app and/or online?
This request has come up many times before. One recent thread is here. In that thread a couple of church employees commented and indicated the limitations are based on directions from the Priesthood department and are to preserve youth privacy and to conform to legal requirements in various places. They indicated that it is unlikely to change. Your stake president can provide feedback to his area authority on this but the legal issues may restrict what the church can do.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake auxiliary leader permissions in LDS Tools

Post by russellhltn »

You may want to read the role of the Stake Young Men's Presidency. In trying to take this issue up the chain of command, the question is going to arise: What task requires you to have contact with youth from other wards? Is it in keeping with the instructions found in the Handbook?

The answer to those two questions will be critical in changing the thinking of the powers that be.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”