Website in Spanish (or other languages)

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Language problem

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I moved this post from last year's topic Language problem to a more current discussion for this issue.]
Mormon85Vinny wrote:I keep loading the church website, lds.org, in Spanish, but I want it in English.
Yes, as you can see from other posts in this topic, others are experiencing this problem, too.
Mormon85Vinny wrote:Is there something wrong with Firefox?
It's a combination of factors. There's clearly something wrong on the LDS.org servers, but this problem manifests itself only in Firefox because Firefox strictly follows some of the HTTP standards, whereas some of the other browsers are a bit more relaxed in this area.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Website in Spanish (or other languages)

Post by jdlessley »

This problem appears to have been corrected. I have not had a language problem for several days.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rmdunford

Post by rmdunford »

It just happened to me again. Very annoying.
shoalcreek5

Post by shoalcreek5 »

I no longer have the behavior after updating to Firefox 23 on 64-bit Linux.

This bug report says that one of the big causes of this issue should be fixed in all versions of Firefox 23 (currently in beta).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

shoalcreek5 wrote:I no longer have the behavior after updating to Firefox 23 on 64-bit Linux.

This bug report says that one of the big causes of this issue should be fixed in all versions of Firefox 23 (currently in beta).
Thanks for the link. However, I don't think this particular Firefox issue has much if anything to do with the LDS.org language issue. That issue affected people using all browsers.
shoalcreek5

Post by shoalcreek5 »

aebrown wrote:Thanks for the link. However, I don't think this particular Firefox issue has much if anything to do with the LDS.org language issue. That issue affected people using all browsers.
That's funny, because your very last post before this one, you indicated that ONLY Firefox seemed to be effected by this issue. Specifically:
aebrown wrote:It's a combination of factors. There's clearly something wrong on the LDS.org servers, but this problem manifests itself only in Firefox because Firefox strictly follows some of the HTTP standards, whereas some of the other browsers are a bit more relaxed in this area.
Furthermore, many people only had issues with the language when they were loading only the https version of the website and not the http version.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

shoalcreek5 wrote:
aebrown wrote:Thanks for the link. However, I don't think this particular Firefox issue has much if anything to do with the LDS.org language issue. That issue affected people using all browsers.
That's funny, because your very last post before this one, you indicated that ONLY Firefox seemed to be effected by this issue. Specifically:
aebrown wrote:It's a combination of factors. There's clearly something wrong on the LDS.org servers, but this problem manifests itself only in Firefox because Firefox strictly follows some of the HTTP standards, whereas some of the other browsers are a bit more relaxed in this area.
Furthermore, many people only had issues with the language when they were loading only the https version of the website and not the http version.
I'm not sure what I was thinking earlier when I said it affected only Firefox. That's clearly not the case.

If you review this entire topic, you'll see that this problem does indeed affect multiple browsers. There's also the fact that the problem has popped up at various times and then has gone away for all browsers at the same time. That makes it pretty clear that it is a problem with LDS.org (or at least a problem that can be fixed by LDS.org) and not an issue with a particular browser. However, it is conceivable that a particular browser could be written in such a way as to not have this problem.
CaptinMoroni

Post by CaptinMoroni »

Having same problems October 23 2013

I'm using Chrome version 30.0.1599.101 m
IE has some problem too

I've cleared out all my cookies and cache using ccleaner. The main site is in English but when I go to newsletter or calendar it goes to Spanish automatically. Any ideas?
erindyal

Post by erindyal »

This is still a problem. Any updates on if the fix has been implemented and I just didn't get it?
bfshelledy

Post by bfshelledy »

I have a very specific issue with the website in the LCR I get dates only dates showing in Spanish but everything else is in English and only on my desktop. Does anyone else have this issue?

Return to “Main Church Website”