Changing language of Missionary On-line Recommendation form

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
B_Seegmiller

Re: Changing language of Missionary On-line Recommendation form

Post by B_Seegmiller »

BrianEdwards wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:22 am
Amazing that this is still a problem. I started this thread 10 years ago.
Did you also submit a formal Feedback request back then? This Forum is great for getting helpful ideas from other members, but unlikely to ever provide resolution to Church IT issues. Although I'm sure there are plenty of long-standing issues submitted via Feedback that still are unresolved, hopefully you at least also went through that route.
I probably did everything I could think of. There was a time when there was a forum for communicating with church tech folk about issues. It's much harder to communicate with church tech folk these days. Where does one go for the formal Feedback request? It's not the "Feedback" via bottom of the page, is it? Getting intermediaries hasn't been helpful, since they seem to think it reflects badly on them to elevate a (l)user problem to upper-level tech folk, or there's been inserted a middle layer of folk to insulate the real techies from hearing about a real problem.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

B_Seegmiller wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:25 pm I probably did everything I could think of. There was a time when there was a forum for communicating with church tech folk about issues. It's much harder to communicate with church tech folk these days. Where does one go for the formal Feedback request? It's not the "Feedback" via bottom of the page, is it? Getting intermediaries hasn't been helpful, since they seem to think it reflects badly on them to elevate a (l)user problem to upper-level tech folk, or there's been inserted a middle layer of folk to insulate the real techies from hearing about a real problem.
It is the Feedback button at the bottom of the page. Providing feedback is the most effective way to get the issue in front of those who direct the developer's priorities. Remember, you and I are not considered "customers" - the church departments who sponsor the work are the customers and the developers follow their direction. Feedback is summarized and provided to those who can assign tasks to the developers. However, we don't know what other priorities are on their plate so feedback may not receive an immediate activity (and the church typically doesn't publish what they are working on or when it might be released). Another way to get your request up-channeled in the church is to ask your Stake President to bring it up in the coordinating council he is a member of.
B_Seegmiller

Post by B_Seegmiller »

davesudweeks wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:31 pm
B_Seegmiller wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:25 pm I probably did everything I could think of. There was a time when there was a forum for communicating with church tech folk about issues. It's much harder to communicate with church tech folk these days. Where does one go for the formal Feedback request? It's not the "Feedback" via bottom of the page, is it? Getting intermediaries hasn't been helpful, since they seem to think it reflects badly on them to elevate a (l)user problem to upper-level tech folk, or there's been inserted a middle layer of folk to insulate the real techies from hearing about a real problem.
It is the Feedback button at the bottom of the page. Providing feedback is the most effective way to get the issue in front of those who direct the developer's priorities. Remember, you and I are not considered "customers" - the church departments who sponsor the work are the customers and the developers follow their direction. Feedback is summarized and provided to those who can assign tasks to the developers. However, we don't know what other priorities are on their plate so feedback may not receive an immediate activity (and the church typically doesn't publish what they are working on or when it might be released). Another way to get your request up-channeled in the church is to ask your Stake President to bring it up in the coordinating council he is a member of.
I appreciate your phrasing it so positively, but it doesn’t sound necessarily promising. Putting UI or usability or tech issues in front of the intermediaries who are unfamiliar with the technicalities involved seems likely doomed to misunderstanding.

The last time I submitted a Feedback query, the response demonstrated that the respondent hadn’t a clue about my question and the Web page the Feedback came from. I responded politely to try to clarify things, but there’s been dead silence so far. Weird, and not encouraging of the direction “assistance” via Feedback is going. Sorry to express disappointment. Disappointing to hear that the users (consumers) are seen as disconnected from the (paying) “customers”.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”