"Reunion" for Temple-Ready submission

Transition from Temple-Ready to the FamilySearch Family Tree and products supporting ordinance reservations and status.
brentboylan-p40

Post by brentboylan-p40 »

If you save a GEDCOM file to a CD, any computer can read it (Mac, Windows, Linux, etc.) A USB flash drive is even better.
garysturn

Gedcom

Post by garysturn »

To check the Internet IGI for Temple ordinances you do need to log in to FamilySearch with a LDS Members account.

The GEDCOM file can be emailed to yourself then accessed at the FHC from the internet or can be on a CD or Windows formatted Diskette or on a flash drive. Some FHC's can not open DVD disks.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct
gregneg

I am a Mac user

Post by gregneg »

brentboylan wrote:If you save a GEDCOM file to a CD, any computer can read it (Mac, Windows, Linux, etc.) A USB flash drive is even better.
*** sigh*** it is possible to format a CD so a Windows machine won't recognize it ---- the how-to (or how-not-to) will depend on which OS you have/ what disk-writing program you are using (if something other than the OS)

The goal is to get your GEDCOM file **to** the FHC --- the FHC staff can then work with you to process it for the temple submission ---- just like anyone else.

I will add my "aye" to the USB flash drive and email suggestions.

1. USB --- a tiny one (capacity) will do. Even serious -sized ones can be had for less than a stack of one-shot disks. Just be aware that you should not format ("Erase", in Disk Utility lingo) the stick/drive. Delete items and emptying the trash is fine. The "don't format" is made because the newer machines can format USB devices as Mac-bootable --- but the older PPC machines would only format USB devices Windoze -compatible. Of course, the FHC that you take it to needs to have a PC that you can reach the USB port to plug into --- :p

2. The email suggestion (email the GEDCOM) requires that your email service be web-accessible. If you are using gmail, yahoo, dotmac, dotme, you are good to go. If you have an ISP specific address, then ask your Internet Service Provider how to get to it. You will then check your email at the FHC with Internet Explorer and get your GEDCOM file.

3. OOPS --- looks like I got sucked in --- away from the **ORIGINAL** question. I understand that you want the Reunion process for creating the temple submission GEDCOM file:

Reunion Version 9x --- at the top menu/icons, select "Manual" ---- do a search on "templeready". You will get the process steps spelled out:
"1. Creating a TempleReady GEDCOM File, LDS Support in Reunion
Reunion will create a TempleReady GEDCOM file ......."

:D
gregneg

Solved

Post by gregneg »

Email from FamJam

"Thank you very much for your tip on getting the
information I had been looking for regarding how to
create a GEDCOM file with "Reunion" software for the
Mac. -----"

Return to “Temple-Ready”