Adding Events to the November 2014 Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Adding Events to the November 2014 Calendar

Post by russellhltn »

It will be interesting to see what happens when Daylight Savings ends. I'm wondering if the bug is with events that are too many daylight savings transitions in the future. Right now for Nov 2014 it's a case of exit, start, exit. But after November 3rd, it will be just start, exit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
brycewj

calendar dates issue

Post by brycewj »

I am filling in my 2014 Stake Calendar, some how I messed up in November 10th day it will not fill in the data. Unless I enter it on the 11th then it will show up on the 10th. How can I fix this
It affects all dates after the 10th Nov

Thanks
Wally
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: calendar dates issue

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I moved this post to the existing topic for this issue.]
brycewj wrote:I am filling in my 2014 Stake Calendar, some how I messed up in November 10th day it will not fill in the data. Unless I enter it on the 11th then it will show up on the 10th. How can I fix this
It affects all dates after the 10th Nov
As you can see from other posts in this topic, you're not the only one affected by this problem. A couple of workarounds have been suggested, but they're certainly not perfect.

It certainly doesn't affect everyone; I have entered a wide variety of events in November 2014 -- repeating and non-repeating events, all-day and timed events -- and everything works perfectly. But I am in the Mountain Time Zone, where CHQ (and the Calendar development team) is located. The only reports of this where I've been able to identify the location of the reporter are for locations to the east of the Mountain Time Zone. I don't know about zones to the west. But clearly it's related somehow to the end of Daylight Saving Time in November.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd wait and see what happens after this Sunday (Nov 3) when (in the US) everyone returns to Standard time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

Well, for Central Time, the "fall back" an hour did not affect all-day events on the stake calendar after 2 November 2014. Last week they appeared one day early and today they are still showing one day early.
afroemming

Post by afroemming »

I am thinking that they should make the effective time of time change to 2:00 AM. That way if it goes back an hour it would only be 1:00 AM. I can't see how that would be a huge change in code.
I really feel bad for the "coders" of this release. I would like to apply for a testing job. LOL.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

afroemming wrote:I am thinking that they should make the effective time of time change to 2:00 AM. That way if it goes back an hour it would only be 1:00 AM. I can't see how that would be a huge change in code.
I really feel bad for the "coders" of this release. I would like to apply for a testing job. LOL.
For some reason, it must be more difficult than that. They have been struggling with this for several years now, every March and November when DST begins and ends.
royalismyrace

Post by royalismyrace »

Well, this is for sure not a daylight savings time for the ones fixing the code. ;)
Hope there will be some solition to this.
judson.wooters

Post by judson.wooters »

What's odd is that my all-day events on Dec 1-6 look fine from the December calendar "view", but when I go back a month to the November calendar "view", the Dec 1-6 all-day events show 1 day ahead.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

judson.wooters wrote:What's odd is that my all-day events on Dec 1-6 look fine from the December calendar "view", but when I go back a month to the November calendar "view", the Dec 1-6 all-day events show 1 day ahead.
The problem only seem to occur in the particular month (March or November) when Daylight Saving Time either begins or ends in the United States.

Return to “Calendar”