Directory 2.5

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
eblood66

Re: Directory 2.5

Post by eblood66 »

MSchmauch wrote:I can see the correct missionaries assigned to our ward and tried to upload their pictures so people would recognize them more easily, but their names won't come up on the "association screen". Can or should such pictures be put with their records by the mission person who updates ward missionary assignments? If I knew who that person was, I would send the pictures to them if they could put them in the missionary's record.
Strange, I thought that photos for missionaries were automatically provided by the missionary department since each missionary has to provide a photo with their application. Every one of the missionaries from our ward has a photo in the directory and I didn't put any of them in so I assume the missionary department must have.

In any case, you can't upload their photo for them. You can check with the mission and see if they can get it taken care of.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Directory 2.5

Post by aebrown »

MSchmauch wrote:I can see the correct missionaries assigned to our ward and tried to upload their pictures so people would recognize them more easily, but their names won't come up on the "association screen". Can or should such pictures be put with their records by the mission person who updates ward missionary assignments? If I knew who that person was, I would send the pictures to them if they could put them in the missionary's record.
The mission is responsible for updating photos for full-time missionaries assigned to your unit. All you can do is talk to the mission office and ask them to make sure the photos are properly set for the missionaries. They do have the photos that came with the mission application, so it's just a matter of someone in the mission office uploading the photos to the right system (some missions may also choose to take a different photo).

With the mission in our area, we have found the mission to be 100% reliable in setting up the photos for the missionaries, so fortunately it's not a concern for us.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”