Page 1 of 2

Primary age girls incorrectly assigned to Relief Society

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:35 am
by andycvw
In our records all primary age girls show up as a relief society member. Is there any way to remove them from the Relief Society group?

Re: Primary age girls incorrectly assigned to Relief Society

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:10 am
by russellhltn
I'd suggest reading Resetting classes as someone may have messed up the class rules for Relief Society.

Re: Primary age girls incorrectly assigned to Relief Society

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:14 am
by aebrown
In MLS, go to Organizations > Relief Society, then in the list of members, remove those who should not be in that organization.

Note that there is no way to reset classes for the Relief Society although you could reset the classes for each individual, but that is very tedious.

Re: Primary age girls incorrectly assigned to Relief Society

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:16 am
by russellhltn
aebrown wrote:Note that there is no way to reset classes for the Relief Society.
Could bad Primary class rules cause this?

Re: Primary age girls incorrectly assigned to Relief Society

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:50 am
by aebrown
russellhltn wrote:
aebrown wrote:Note that there is no way to reset classes for the Relief Society.
Could bad Primary class rules cause this?
No. Rules control how members are added to a class. The rules for RS are what controls who is automatically added to RS, and those rules are hard-coded.

Re: Primary age girls incorrectly assigned to Relief Society

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:20 pm
by russellhltn
So how did all these girls end up in Relief Society - unless the computer's date is way off? It seems unlikely someone would re-assign them one-by-one.

Re: Primary age girls incorrectly assigned to Relief Society

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:35 pm
by aebrown
russellhltn wrote:So how did all these girls end up in Relief Society - unless the computer's date is way off?
The computer date being way off seems very unlikely -- that would cause significant finance issues.
russellhltn wrote:It seems unlikely someone would re-assign them one-by-one.
You can move a lot of people into an organization in one action -- it doesn't have to be done one by one. That still seems unlikely, but it's either that, or some significant malfunction or corruption of data.

Re: Primary age girls incorrectly assigned to Relief Society

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:14 am
by scgallafent
aebrown wrote:You can move a lot of people into an organization in one action -- it doesn't have to be done one by one. That still seems unlikely, but it's either that, or some significant malfunction or corruption of data.
There was an issue fixed in MLS 3.6.1 that may be related to this. Before MLS 3.6.1, clicking "Select All" on the member list would select everyone in the list. That is the most likely culprit for moving everyone to Relief Society. As of MLS 3.6.1, clicking "Select All" should only select members who match the rules for that class -- adding someone to the class that doesn't match the criteria requires manually selecting them in the list box.

Re: Primary age girls incorrectly assigned to Relief Society

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:14 pm
by andycvw
How do
i go about fixing the problem

Re: Primary age girls incorrectly assigned to Relief Society

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:26 pm
by russellhltn
I believe post #3 is the answer. The rest is trying to figure out what happened and how to prevent it.