LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ethzmoos

LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Post by ethzmoos »

Hello,

I am an executive ward secretary recently the lds.org calendar is not sending out email updates when a new event is made or a current event is changed. I have unsubscribed and resubscribed to calendars and email updates are still not being sent out. Are there any known issues with the calendar or am I missing something?

Thank-you for your time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Post by russellhltn »

ethzmoos wrote:the lds.org calendar is not sending out email updates when a new event is made or a current event is changed.
An email is only generated if the person doing the change/addition requests it.

Even then, the receiver has to allow it both globally and in their individual subscriptions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ethzmoos

Post by ethzmoos »

Yep. I use the church calendar for the bishops appointments. He emailed me today and said that he had not gotten email updates for the last 2 appointments I had made.

Neither one of us had made changes to the calendar we share. I was able to get 2 notifications through just now but there is an event on our calendar that I cannot get an email update to be sent out.
ethzmoos

Post by ethzmoos »

Thank-you for all you guys do with the website and forums and apps.
ethzmoos

Post by ethzmoos »

russellhltn wrote:
ethzmoos wrote:the lds.org calendar is not sending out email updates when a new event is made or a current event is changed.
An email is only generated if the person doing the change/addition requests it.

Even then, the receiver has to allow it both globally and in their individual subscriptions.

I scheduled an appointment yesterday, clicked the send and email now box, without changing settings and the email when through to both myself and the bishop. Today, again without changing the settings, I scheduled another appointment and checked the box. It has been over an hour and the email update has not gone through.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

ethzmoos wrote:It has been over an hour and the email update has not gone through.
I would not use that as an indicator of any problems with the Calendar e-mail application. Your e-mail provider, your ISP, or any other server handling the message traffic, may have issues or bottlenecks. I use Yahoo, Gmail, and Hotmail (MS Services), and Roadrunner for e-mail providers and have noted deliveries from within seconds to minutes, to hours, and to as long as four days with all of them.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jdlessley wrote:
ethzmoos wrote:It has been over an hour and the email update has not gone through.
I would not use that as an indicator of any problems with the Calendar e-mail application [excellent examples given].
Which is why the electronic world is still so very experimental. It turns out my stake president has been sending me texts for months and wondered if I have been ignoring them, since the other recipient responds to them, but I never do. But that is a different topic.
ethzmoos

Post by ethzmoos »

It's just weird because the calendar has worked perfectly for me for about a year then all of the sudden stopped for no apparent reason. Each time I made an appointment and email was sent out within seconds to min. Then It stopped working last week.

Thank you for your help.

I hope it's just server/maintenance issues
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You may want to check your spam folder - both in your email client and with your ISP. Sometimes because of complaints these things get classified as spam and disappears from the normal inbox.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ethzmoos

Post by ethzmoos »

Already check my spam folder. checked it again. no luck. I was able to get one to go through yesterday after repeatedly clicking the "send an email" update box and it went through after the 3rd time.

I called my ISP they didn't have anything to say. I use gmail so I can't see how they would have any influence unless i used my mediacom email address (which i haven't).

Also the emails are no longer sent to the bishop either.

just made an appointment today. I checked the send email box. no email was sent. went back in and clicked the send email box again and this time it showed up in my inbox. weird....

Return to “Calendar”