LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
palmergoodman

Re: LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Post by palmergoodman »

Was there ever a resolution to this issue? We have the same issue. We have tried everything to get email working, but cannot seem to be successful. We have deleted and re-created calendars, unsubscribed and resubscribed, tried to send now and at a specified time, tried form multiple sign-ins, all day events, specific time events, single occurrence, re-occurence with and without room reservations. Zero success. Not one of the several people subscribed is receiving an email. All have checked their spam boxes. One of the address' is one of my own going to my own mail server that I have full control over, there are no messages hitting the box. I've sent in 'feedback' asking for help as instructed when calling LUS, but I have never received anything back on my request. Please help if you have advise!
ethzmoos

Post by ethzmoos »

CrockettDR wrote:Notifications going out is still a known problem. It works for many units but doesn't for others. The fix invovles a couple systems and we hope to have it addressed during this month (April).
This was a post from a church employee.
CAN81

Post by CAN81 »

Calendar notifications for our ward stopped back in March 2015. At the present time, still not working but I see it is a churchwide problem.

Hopefully it will be fixed someday. Let's not lose hope.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

It sent out a notification properly Monday for the "send a notification now" option, first time for awhile. Are notifications now working for others?
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
CAN81

Post by CAN81 »

Not such luck here. It is frustrating.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

We believe notifications has finally been fixed. We did have an issue for the last couple weeks where we were pointing to an old membership database causing some notifications to go to old email addresses, or not go out if the email address was recently added. But we believe this has all been resolved. So, if you are seeing problems with notifications now, let us know.

Dave Crockett - calendar product manager
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Thank you for the fix! We will put it through the paces.
jsberry

Post by jsberry »

I am a Stake Administrator. I have not been able to send email notifications for Stake calendar events for MONTHS! I have tried again this morning hoping that it would send but am disappointed. I requested a "send now" email and it did not work. Any ideas on how to get event reminders to email out aside from having the Stake Exec Sec send an email to the entire stake through the MLS?
ethzmoos

Post by ethzmoos »

Notifications still do not work in our ward as well.
CAN81

Post by CAN81 »

Same here. Still not working.

Return to “Calendar”