LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
andrewbcompton

Re: LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Post by andrewbcompton »

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I am experiencing this very same issue. I have scheduled Ward Council meetings, PEC meetings, etc. into the ward calendar for this coming year, with an email reminder set to go out one day before each meeting. Nobody, including me, is receiving the email reminder. Are efforts being made to fix this?
mawhiteley

Post by mawhiteley »

Yes, I'd like to know as well. Curious how the Church urges members to use the online tool, but it lacks such a fundamental notification function. And no support for the problem for YEARS. Something fishy going on. :(
CAN81

Post by CAN81 »

It works fine with us. At the stake and ward level.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

CAN81: Does it work when you schedule the notification, to not go out immediately, but rather, at 1 day prior to the event that is a month away in the future? For most of us, the notification goes out if we have it sent out the day we schedule the event and does not send it out when we want the notification it to be sent 1 day before a future event.
CAN81

Post by CAN81 »

It works both ways. The notification that goes out right away (usually in my ward), and the one that goes out some days before the event (it's usually the stake that does this, and their timeframe is normally 7 days before the event).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is this a public calendar or a private calendar? The developer I spoke with said it's never worked for private calendars. But they are unaware of a problem with public ones.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

Russlhtltn: I have not tried with a public calendar lately, just the stake president's interview (private) calendar. I will try one on my next event that I add to the stake calendar and report back.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Yes, development is looking at fixing private calendars, so notification can go out on those.
xigiff

Post by xigiff »

I changed my calendar that the clerks use from private to public and the email started going out. I thought all was solved. However, it appears that the email is going to to well more people than just the viewers and editors. I am guessing it went to the whole stake. With that, I am forced to move it back to private and hope they fix it soon.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

xigiff wrote:I changed my calendar that the clerks use from private to public and the email started going out. I thought all was solved. However, it appears that the email is going to to well more people than just the viewers and editors.
You don't have control over who the "viewers" are for a public calendar. So yes, it could go to a much wider audience than intended.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”