LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
j.samfisher

Re: LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Post by j.samfisher »

Thank you for the response. I have been creating the events which rules out #1 and #2. UPDATE - Something changed from last Sunday to today, because I am now receiving notifications. My guess is a change was made this week related to #3. Thank you!!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

j.samfisher wrote:UPDATE - Something changed from last Sunday to today, because I am now receiving notifications. My guess is a change was made this week related to #3. Thank you!!!
New version rolled out on the 22nd.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CAN81

Post by CAN81 »

IT WORKED !!! =)
ethzmoos

Post by ethzmoos »

Email notifications are working again for my ward! Thank-you so much this is a wonderful tool that I have missed.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

In the past, notifications were copied to the creator of the event, so we had many users thinking notification weren't working. We recently changed that so that the creator also receives the notification.
JonConradt

Post by JonConradt »

Email notifications that are to go out 1 day before a recurring event don't appear to be sent. I configured the meeting using callings, and some of the positions are unfilled. I suspect having an unfilled calling causes a problem.

Jon
mawhiteley

Post by mawhiteley »

Notifications set up for 1 day before event are still not working here. Nothing in spam or junk folders. Send now works, but other notification options don't.
jlhainy

Post by jlhainy »

We have noticed that when people create an event and use the send e-mail now option, everything is fine, but if you want to schedule the email x days before the event, that seems to have issues still. So, I have been logging in and changing the email to email now a couple days before the event. It is not ideal, but it is working. It would be really nice if the scheduler would work like it used to.
slawyoung

Post by slawyoung »

I have also experienced intermittent issues with the email notification both with the now function and in the future. please investigate the problem as it not reliable.
gungy

Post by gungy »

I am trying to encourage our members to use this but the email notification has never working is a huge issue. It works for sending "now" but not for any hours/days ahead.

Return to “Calendar”