LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Post by CrockettDR »

We well check on things. We know they were working recently because we saw complaints from people getting notifications that didn't want them.

Dave Crockett - calendar product manager
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

CrockettDR wrote:We know they were working recently because we saw complaints from people getting notifications that didn't want them.
I found it was working, but not correctly, because the calendar began sending notices for repeating events that had been deleted months before, and were no longer scheduled on ANY calendar or reserving rooms in any way. I went back to those events in previous months and deleted ANY and ALL the old events, and the reminders stopped. FYI-hope it helps...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

CrockettDR wrote:We well check on things. We know they were working recently because we saw complaints from people getting notifications that didn't want them.
There's been a suggestion that somehow "email later" builds the email list immediately and only delays the "send". This results in emails being sent to members who have left the ward between the time of scheduling and the time of sending. A gap that could be as long as a year.

I've not seen confirmation of that, but something I thought I'd mention.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scrapsue

Post by scrapsue »

Email messages went out from one of our Stake calendars that was set to go out 14 days in advance. It worked great unfortunately made me look a bit silly, I had recently informed them (per forum info) that the email on the calendar didn't work and not to expect a fix for a while. We were all excited to see the fix now waiting for the next large email to go out about General Conference!
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

E-mail notifications are not working for our stake :(
jsberry

Post by jsberry »

I did an email notification this morning and it worked just fine! Wonderful!!!
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

jsberry wrote:I did an email notification this morning and it worked just fine! Wonderful!!!
Jsberry was this an event that you selected send an e-mail about now or one that was send an e-mail at a later time?

I haven't had success with event reminders.
clarkbarlow

Post by clarkbarlow »

Ditto for our ward. I set up an email reminder for a ward temple night calendar event that was supposed to go out a few days ago and never did.
j.samfisher

Post by j.samfisher »

I moved last December and have not received email notifications for calendar events ever since. I have an email address listed on my profile which has not changed. I have ensured that I am subscribed to several ward and stake calendars in my new area. I checked my "Options" settings to ensure I have opted to receive email notifications. I have checked my spam folder and have searched my inbox for "notifications@lds.org". What else could be causing me to not receive email notifications for new/modified calendar events?
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

j.samfisher wrote:What else could be causing me to not receive email notifications for new/modified calendar events?
There could be a number of things.

1)Does your ward actually use the calendar? I've had some flat out refuse (drove me nuts and everyone else when scheduling the building).

2)Does whomever creates the events select to send emails out? I'm in charge of my ward calendar, but due to the problems mentioned on this thread, I choose not to send them out. It's not required. The person who creates them may not even realize they have the emails turned off.

3)Your stake is experiencing the problems described in this thread. The developers are trying to get the system to work properly, it just doesn't work for everyone all the time.

Check with others in your ward/stake to see if anyone else gets them. That will give you a clue as to what the problem is.

Return to “Calendar”