export households from ward directory?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
kmoser82

Re: export households from ward directory?

Post by kmoser82 »

The directory download link is missing that was found at the top of the directory in classic view. When I try to use classic view>Map Apps>My Ward & Stake the option will flash on the screen while the page loads before going to the newer looking view. Is anything being done about this?
justinjh

Post by justinjh »

Someone should write a chrome extension that does custom reporting for the directory. I've never created one before, but it doesn't seem too difficult. Any takers?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

kmoser82 wrote:The directory download link is missing that was found at the top of the directory in classic view. When I try to use classic view>Map Apps>My Ward & Stake the option will flash on the screen while the page loads before going to the newer looking view. Is anything being done about this?
It was intentionally removed.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

scgallafent wrote:
kmoser82 wrote:The directory download link is missing that was found at the top of the directory in classic view. When I try to use classic view>Map Apps>My Ward & Stake the option will flash on the screen while the page loads before going to the newer looking view. Is anything being done about this?
It was intentionally removed.
Any reason why? This was one of the best features of the site! I wish it was still at least available for leaders. It is VERY useful to be able to download a list of households into Excel.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

One of the reasons we've heard is because of privacy/legal issues. If there are certain reports you want to see, I'd suggest sending feedback on Leader and Clerk Resources and see if they can be built in, so you don't need to rely on exporting and generating your own reports.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
kentallenhatch

Post by kentallenhatch »

It is now 2016. The "Maps" feature as it previously existed has been changed and replaced by "Ward Map" as far as I can tell. There is no download feature on "Ward Map" that I can find. Unfortunately, there now appears to be no way to download the ward directory in any useful form other than through MLS.
mevans

Post by mevans »

kentallenhatch wrote:It is now 2016. The "Maps" feature as it previously existed has been changed and replaced by "Ward Map" as far as I can tell. There is no download feature on "Ward Map" that I can find. Unfortunately, there now appears to be no way to download the ward directory in any useful form other than through MLS.
Download features have been intentionally removed. I believe it's for privacy purposes and because the church doesn't want members putting membership data in other information systems. Yes, there are still some things you can do with MLS, but I wonder what the fate of those features will be when all the membership goes online.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

Someone yesterday pointed out to me that you can download households from the Ward directory that everyone uses. Not in LCR.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bballrob wrote:Someone yesterday pointed out to me that you can download households from the Ward directory that everyone uses. Not in LCR.
I believe that you can download from the directory only if you have certain callings. It's not there for everyone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn wrote:
bballrob wrote:Someone yesterday pointed out to me that you can download households from the Ward directory that everyone uses. Not in LCR.
I believe that you can download from the directory only if you have certain callings. It's not there for everyone.
I just looked at the Directory and saw Export Households was there (I'm an assistant ward clerk). I thought they'd removed that from everyone. I guess not.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”