export households from ward directory?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
chrishall

Export Households from LDS Directory

Post by chrishall »

When I go to lds.org Tools->Directory I am no longer seeing the Export Households button on the left of the screen. Is this a bug?

I am a leader in a YSA ward where we have a few people move in and out every week. I have been using this feature to keep abreast of what changes are taking place in the ward and I have been loading the location information into my Garmin to help me find houses when I make visits. I loved this export feature since it allowed me to access this information from home, rather than making a trip to the church to get onto MLS and gather this information and allowed me to serve more effectively.

Thanks,

Chris
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Export Households from LDS Directory

Post by russellhltn »

chrishall wrote:When I go to lds.org Tools->Directory I am no longer seeing the Export Households button on the left of the screen. Is this a bug?
[Moderator note: the above message was merged into an existing thread because it's the same topic.]
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jasonbrand

Re: export households from ward directory?

Post by jasonbrand »

Same issue here. I'm a WML.

This is a feature I use regularly get a source for running lookups to get contact info for lists of less actives. Frustrating.
spenwall

Post by spenwall »

I also miss this option. As the YM president I have used it many times to create maps for fast offering routes and other things. Please bring it back, if not for everyone at least for leaders.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

spenwall wrote:I also miss this option. As the YM president I have used it many times to create maps for fast offering routes and other things. Please bring it back, if not for everyone at least for leaders.
Why are you setting up routes? Routes should be set up with the Bishopric, Deacon Quorum president and the Ward Finance Clerk working together.
williamsbt

Post by williamsbt »

I am the Relief Society President and I've always used it. Has it been confirmed that it is NOW calling specific?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

williamsbt wrote:Has it been confirmed that it is NOW calling specific?
Yes. See post #11.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jljennings

Post by jljennings »

Export Households From Ward Directory
Export Households From Ward Directory
directoryexport.png (6.09 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
I found the export feature in Maps. The only difference is the lat/long in the first two columns. You can download either Ward or Stake information.
kimballc

Post by kimballc »

As a EQ presidency member of a large and highly transient YSA ward, I use the export households function multiple times per month. Can we get this back?
nilsonsnest

Post by nilsonsnest »

As Relief Society President, I too use this feature at least once a month, now I see it is gone, yet when searching the topic, instructions are still there on how to do this. Unfortunately, they no longer exist. Is there any chance of getting the feature back? I see on one post to go to directory and maps. Where is that located?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”