Guest Instructors

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
ryabbott

Guest Instructors

Post by ryabbott »

We have a limited amount of instructors in the ward and somtimes ask our Senior Missionaries or the Full Time Missionaries to teach.

How can I add these to the schedule?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Guest Instructors

Post by jdlessley »

ryabbott wrote:How can I add these to the schedule?
I haven't tested this. But if Lesson Schedules is programmed the same as other tools then creating an out of unit record for those missionaries in MLS will make their names available on the list. An issue with doing this is that those out of unit records need to be regularly reviewed to remove those that are no longer serving in the unit.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jdlessley wrote:
ryabbott wrote:How can I add these to the schedule?
I haven't tested this. But if Lesson Schedules is programmed the same as other tools then creating an out of unit record for those missionaries in MLS will make their names available on the list. An issue with doing this is that those out of unit records need to be regularly reviewed to remove those that are no longer serving in the unit.
If that works, they will not only require an out-of-unit record but must also be given a standard calling. The out-of-unit record itself doesn't ever leave MLS. It's actually the calling that gets transferred to CDOL which then makes the member available in the directory and some other places. Without the calling lds.org won't know anything about the out-of-unit record.
ryabbott

Post by ryabbott »

haha, sounds like a lot of work just to have one of the Full Time Missionaries name on my teaching schedule

thanks for the replies!

would be easier to put my own name (as EQP) and just assign as and when

Return to “Lesson Schedules”