The information still showing up in public ward directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Asiangem

The information still showing up in public ward directory

Post by Asiangem »

I have edited myself on the online Ward directory in the following three fields:
1. Home Address - visible to leadership only
2. Map location - visible to leadership only
3. mobile phone number - visible to leadership only

But even though, I have put it as "visible to leadership only" on the above items - the information is still showing up on the Ward "public" directory :(

How do I correct these above three fields so that the information is only visible to the leadership only and not on the Ward public directory.

Thanking you in advance
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: The information still showing up in public ward director

Post by jdlessley »

Asiangem wrote:But even though, I have put it as "visible to leadership only" on the above items - the information is still showing up on the Ward "public" directory :(
You will always be able to see that information because it is your information. If someone else in your ward who is not in the bishopric or a clerk can see it then there is a problem. But I think you will find that if you ask someone else to see if that information is visible for you they will tell you they can't see it.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Asiangem

RE: Answer to my question

Post by Asiangem »

Hello JD Lessley, I emailed the Ward secretary and he was able to take off the "privacy" on our household and "unlock" our household information on the ward directory to be visible to everyone in the ward and stake. That solved the problem and now its visible to everyone. Thank goodness!

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”