LUWS Suggestion and Bug Tracking Wiki

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
User avatar
McDanielCA
Member
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

LUWS Suggestion and Bug Tracking Wiki

#1

Post by McDanielCA »

There is now a page on the wiki that is devoted to the suggestions and bug reporting for LUWS. This already taking place here, but it will be easier to find information and keep track of comments and suggestions in the wiki. If you'd like to add yours, please feel free. Discussion about this should still take place in these forums. If anyone would like to pull out their suggestions of these threads and add them to the wiki, that would be great. If this works out well, I'll add pages for other applications.

LUWS Suggestions and Bug Reporting Wiki Page
User avatar
mkmurray
Senior Member
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

#2

Post by mkmurray »

Someone could start data mining suggestions out of the following thread:

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=593
jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 8719
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:30 am
Location: USA, TX

#3

Post by jdlessley »

Some of the features or bugs have some descriptive explanation included in the forum. Since the wiki examples are short, do you want the descriptive explanation posted on the forum or is that appropriate for the wiki?

Also, if there is a posting on the forum for the item in the wiki would you like to have it linked back to the forum post?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
User avatar
mkmurray
Senior Member
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

#4

Post by mkmurray »

jdlessley wrote:Some of the features or bugs have some descriptive explanation included in the forum. Since the wiki examples are short, do you want the descriptive explanation posted on the forum or is that appropriate for the wiki?

Also, if there is a posting on the forum for the item in the wiki would you like to have it linked back to the forum post?
Actually, your second question may prove a good solution to your first question, in my opinion.
User avatar
McDanielCA
Member
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

#5

Post by McDanielCA »

I agree with murray. I want it to be as concise and brief as possible. But if you feel that just that short description is not enough, go ahead and give a link. This will help developers see what spurred these ideas and perhaps the reasons for the suggestions.

Thanks!
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Alnwick, UK

#6

Post by kennethjorgensen »

jdlessley wrote:Some of the features or bugs have some descriptive explanation included in the forum. Since the wiki examples are short, do you want the descriptive explanation posted on the forum or is that appropriate for the wiki?

Also, if there is a posting on the forum for the item in the wiki would you like to have it linked back to the forum post?
Jdlessley, does this mean you have taking onboard the "data mining" task or shall I do it?
(I dont want to start it if you have already started it)
jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 8719
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:30 am
Location: USA, TX

#7

Post by jdlessley »

dkjorgi wrote:Jdlessley, does this mean you have taking onboard the "data mining" task or shall I do it?
(I dont want to start it if you have already started it)
I was thinking about it but really do not have the time. I started reading the posts and was spending way too much time trying to figure out what some people were requesting in an abreviated manner. You can go right ahead.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Alnwick, UK

#8

Post by kennethjorgensen »

jdlessley wrote:I was thinking about it but really do not have the time. I started reading the posts and was spending way too much time trying to figure out what some people were requesting in an abreviated manner. You can go right ahead.
I tried to have a look at it this weekend as well but I too found it a problem figuring out what some of the suggestions meant and it didnt make it easier I have no regular experience of using LUWS (dont have it in Europe yet). So hopefully some other kind soul will take it onboard.
User avatar
McDanielCA
Member
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

#9

Post by McDanielCA »

All of the suggestions for LUWS have been previously mined out of the forums. So the main concentration should be to summarize the suggestions on the wiki when they happen so that they are still in context.
User avatar
mkmurray
Senior Member
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

#10

Post by mkmurray »

telfordca wrote:All of the suggestions for LUWS have been previously mined out of the forums. So the main concentration should be to summarize the suggestions on the wiki when they happen so that they are still in context.
Alan took a stab at mining out the suggestions from the mega thread mentioned earlier; the Wiki page now has a great, organized feel to it, with many suggestions enumerated.

Thanks, Alan.
Locked

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”