Gospel App & Game Contest

Gospel App & Game Contest in conjunction with previous LDSTech Conferences
SmootAR

Re: Gospel App & Game Contest

Post by SmootAR »

Our 2015 App & Game Contest is under way, we need everyone that is entering the contest to register. Go to the Gospel App & Game Contest to register today.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The site says that "Apps and Games may be developed for Apple, Android, Windows, or online platforms." I'm curious about "online platforms" – could that just be a simple web site that includes a study tool of some sort?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:The site says that "Apps and Games may be developed for Apple, Android, Windows, or online platforms." I'm curious about "online platforms" – could that just be a simple web site that includes a study tool of some sort?
Personally, I think it would be something like Just get 10. While you can get an app, it plays well even on a smartphone as just a website. (Disclaimer: I am not responsible for new addictions.)

I'm not sure as a "simple website" would fair well in competition.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SmootAR

Post by SmootAR »

sbradshaw wrote:The site says that "Apps and Games may be developed for Apple, Android, Windows, or online platforms." I'm curious about "online platforms" – could that just be a simple web site that includes a study tool of some sort?
Yes, this would be a web application. Examples of a web app are google apps, office365 or online games. But it would be left up to the creaticvity of the contestants to create an app that fits the description of "Create something worthy."
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I don’t have the skill or experience to develop an app but I have a couple of app ideas. One is worth considering for the contest. The idea is based on existing functionality in “Poems By Heart from Penguin Classics”. Poems By Heart helps a user memorize a poem by displaying it and slowly removing words. I would propose something similar but with Articles of Faith, Scriptures, even quotes from General Authorities. Perhaps some of the content could be standard and preloaded but it should have a text paste function especially for quotes.
SmootAR

Post by SmootAR »

wrigjef wrote:I don’t have the skill or experience to develop an app but I have a couple of app ideas. One is worth considering for the contest. The idea is based on existing functionality in “Poems By Heart from Penguin Classics”. Poems By Heart helps a user memorize a poem by displaying it and slowly removing words. I would propose something similar but with Articles of Faith, Scriptures, even quotes from General Authorities. Perhaps some of the content could be standard and preloaded but it should have a text paste function especially for quotes.
You may want to look at one of last years winning apps. You can see it here: https://tech.lds.org/blog/643-contest-w ... -superstar
nealvs

Post by nealvs »

Could we get AndroidTV and FireTV platforms added to the contest?
SmootAR

Post by SmootAR »

nealvs wrote:Could we get AndroidTV and FireTV platforms added to the contest?
We will not be adding these platforms this year, I apologize. We just don't have the bandwidth to test and judge every platform that exists. Maybe in the future we will be able to this. Thank you for your passion and interest. (Note: My mind is starting to churn about how we might judge more platforms in the future.)
CindyLara

Post by CindyLara »

Hi!
I sent my information for the registry, but I didn't received any instructions about submission.
I sent it on July 18 at 1am, just a few hours before the registration countdown deadline and i got the message "Thanks! Your response was received". I just want to know if any of you received an email back as confirmation of your registration. And I would like to know if my registration was valid and I have the chance to participate in the contest.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I received an email that said "We have received your registration for the game and app contest. Thank you." a few days after I filled out the form.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel App & Game Contest”