Gospel App & Game Contest

Gospel App & Game Contest in conjunction with previous LDSTech Conferences
csjewkes

Re: Gospel App & Game Contest

Post by csjewkes »

WOW! We are impressed! YOU are just what we are looking for, Timmy!
We are looking for someone just like YOU!

Attached, you will find two files telling about Phase I of a Computer Game called LINE UPON LINE (LUL). We've been working on LUL, full time now for five years! We want to donate it to the Church, but before we do, it needs the input of some good designers, animators, and artists.

Will you please look at these two files and see what you think? One of them is a summery of LUL, and the other has References, showing what kind of Volunteers we need.

There are 3 Phases of LUL. If you’re interested I can either send you one phase at a time, or all of them at once. It’s a pretty BIG project, involving an Interactive World.

We're hoping we can connect with some talented volunteers through the forum and would be interested in your thoughts on becoming acquainted with talent we might seek, who would like to help us realize the completion of LUL.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Carole Jewkes
csjewkes@burgoyne.com
435-753-0998

P.S. I tried to download the attachments below, but when I hit preview, it says that they aren't downloaded. If you can't receive them, could you give me your email address, and I'll email them to you? Thank you!
Attachments
SeekingVolunteers-PhaseI.pdf
A short summary of Phase I
(708.42 KiB) Downloaded 1454 times
SeekingVolunteers-References-PhaseI.pdf
References to Volunteers needed for Phase I
(570.6 KiB) Downloaded 1347 times
csjewkes

Post by csjewkes »

Timmy and my interested friends,
What say ye about this???
I'm curious about any kind of feedback. Am anxious to find someone who can help with this project.
Or have any suggestions. No thought is too small.
trevorh

Post by trevorh »

The rules don't say anything about language. Do the apps need to be targeted for the English language?
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

trevorh wrote:The rules don't say anything about language. Do the apps need to be targeted for the English language?
The judges will be native English speakers. There's no requirement that it be in English, but keep in mind the experience that an English speaker would have using the app.
trevorh

Post by trevorh »

So I guess there wasn't a contest this year? It just occurred to me I hadn't heard about one and I don't see any information.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

No, there wasn't, unfortunately.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Liukaichi

Post by Liukaichi »

Do we know if there will be one this coming year? I want to have a go at it this year :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Sorry, but I doubt it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

We have not announced any further App and Game Contests. As far as I am aware there are no plans underway at the church to have another. It could happen someday. I just mean that there are no current plans at the church that I am aware of.
Timmyshwagg

Post by Timmyshwagg »

I started one on the Unity Platform. I'm a 15 year game dev and were always looking for more people if you would like to contribute. We'll have concept work near the beginning of next year, but the pipeline, and game design docs are done. Be sure and contact us or sign up for the newsletter at https://www.earthfamilygames.com/contact-faq if your interested in testing, development or just want a fun RPG centered around Nephi and part one of their journey.

Return to “Gospel App & Game Contest”