Mormon Channel Radio Not Working with Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)

Any discussions around the Mormon Radio Channel App on various mobile and electronic devices
ThomasHilton55

Mormon Channel Radio Not Working with Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)

Post by ThomasHilton55 »

Hi,

My Mormon Channel app, downloaded to my Galaxy Note II from the Google Play store, was working fine until I upgraded to Android 4.4.2 (KitKat). Now everything still works except the radio (Mormon Channel, Music, and Canal Mormon). Actually, the radio worked the first time I used the app after the upgrade, but after that it hasn't worked since.

I've checked the volume, restarted the phone, powered down and removed the battery then powered up, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, checked the app settings and the Adroid settings. Pandora works, all the other Mormon Channel media types (e.g., Joseph Smith Papers) work--just the radio won't work.

When I say the radio won't work, here's what I mean: when I select the "Mormon Channel" radio icon, the "Loading..." message and the ticker message showing the program title both display. After a normal time period, the "Loading..." message disappears, but the Play icon (right-facing triangle) doesn't turn into the Pause icon (two vertical bars) as it should. After an irregular period of time (5-15 minutes is typical but it has sometimes been hours), a "Playback Error" message (generated by Android, I think, from its appearance) shows for five seconds or so and then disappears.

Any thoughts? Help!

Tom H
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Mormon Channel Radio Not Working with Android 4.4.2 (Kit

Post by aebrown »

My Mormon Channel Radio is working just fine on my Nexus 5 with KitKat. I was originally on 4.4.2, but now I'm on 4.4.4. I know that's not particularly helpful for your problem, but at least it shows that there's not a fundamental incompatibility between MC Radio and KitKat.
amajeske

Re: Mormon Channel Radio Not Working with Android 4.4.2 (Kit

Post by amajeske »

I'm having the same problem. I also have a galaxy note 2 and the Mormon music channel radio isn't working. Did we ever get a solution for this problem?
krugerk

Re: Mormon Channel Radio Not Working with Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)

Post by krugerk »

I love listening to the Music Channel App on my phone, but it ALWAYS cuts out after a few minutes and doesn't come back until I exit and re-enter the App. Don't think it's a phone specific problem since this is my second phone it's done this one... Am i missing something? Or is my Samsung J7 perhaps missing something?

Return to “Mormon Radio Channel”