Personal Video Conferencing Upgrade Coming August 1, 2014

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

jasonhill23
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Personal Video Conferencing Upgrade Coming August 1, 201

Post by jasonhill23 »

The recording feature is not available right now. We will be discussing this with our engineers on Monday morning. Hopefully, I'll have more information Monday afternoon.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

It works also with Linux.:)
Gutknecht

Post by Gutknecht »

There used to be a way to copy and paste a URL for inviting but now it only launches default email client which I do not use..
slatermichaeljohn1

Post by slatermichaeljohn1 »

The recording feature is very useful for training purposes. If the engineers could consider re-incorporating it back into the programme I for one would be very happy!!
jasonhill23
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jasonhill23 »

The recording feature will be added. I will try to provide a timeline for additional features throughout the coming week.

To copy the room link versus email, do the following:
  • Click on 'My Room'
  • In the pop-up window that appears, click on the gear icon in the top-right window. NOTE: this is different from the gear icon in the main contact window.
  • A 'Room Details - My Room' window appears.
  • Click on 'Copy Link' button on the right side.
Gutknecht

Post by Gutknecht »

Found it, thanks!
lionelwalters

Post by lionelwalters »

Hi again,

I'm presiding at our stake conference in less than a month (6-7 September) and we've been planning on using PVC to webcast the Saturday evening and Sunday sessions as we have in previous years. We've had major stability issues with the webcast software and don't have access to a hardware encoder, so PVC is our only option. Can you please confirm that the webcast option will be enabled on PVC in time for our conference?

Thanks in advance,

Lionel
nathan.frost

Post by nathan.frost »

When I went to log on and download the updated version, the https://pvc.lds.org/ (with and without the http"s") opened completely blank except for a few links to information and account-related links that were all "Bad request...Warning!...Please check the URL and try again...." Is there an issue with the webpage? I'm working off of an older MacBook and don't have any other device. Please let me know what I'm missing.
pete.arnett

Personal Video Conferencing Ver 3 For Stake Conference

Post by pete.arnett »

It's working for us, we have tested PVC Version 3 (Vidyo Desktop) for the last three (3) weekends to provide access to meetings from remote locations

At one (1) stake conference the wireless was enabled and was saturated with 168 users and PVC 3 still provided a reasonable image and audio to several remote locations on various devices
rolandc

Re: Personal Video Conferencing Ver 3 For Stake Conference

Post by rolandc »

pete.arnett wrote:It's working for us, we have tested PVC Version 3 (Vidyo Desktop) for the last three (3) weekends to provide access to meetings from remote locations

At one (1) stake conference the wireless was enabled and was saturated with 168 users and PVC 3 still provided a reasonable image and audio to several remote locations on various devices
:p
Roland

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”