New 192.168.x.x subnet option for MH firewalls

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New 192.168.x.x subnet option for MH firewalls

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:For the record, our stake center's firewall had all 223 of its dynamic connections used during stake conference general session today.
Yes, same here. I think some devices automatically attach themselves to WiFi whenever they can. In which case it will use the church wifi every time that member walks into the building regardless of what they're doing with it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kenanderson

Post by kenanderson »

Is there a way to set static IPs by MAC address from the firewall side? We have some devices that only work on DHCP and my biggest challenge is keeping those devices at the same IP address whenever there is a firewall update.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kenanderson wrote:Is there a way to set static IPs by MAC address from the firewall side?
I don't think so. You call all GS, but I wouldn't guarantee that it wouldn't get wiped out on a update.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I am glad only 223 dynamic connections were available. I have set all the clerk and FHC computers to use static IP addresses, so I was still able to use the stake clerk's computer during stake conference. It was sluggish, though. The bandwidth for the day was about the same as a typical Sunday, but it was concentrated into fewer hours.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:I am glad only 223 dynamic connections were available.
That will be changing.

Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:
drepouille wrote:I am glad only 223 dynamic connections were available.
That will be changing.
Quite substantially!

Our Stake centre now has a total DHCP Pool of 1244. Made up of Static & Dynamic addresses, including the FHC, Public Network, Facilities etc..

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”