Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to LCR

Post by scgallafent »

sbradshaw wrote:In Leader and Clerk Resources 3.2.1, which is now being beta tested, the stake young men presidency and other stake auxiliary presidencies and high councilors can see the member list (which allows you to filter by organization) and ward leadership (which allows you to filter to only see, for example, all of the young men presidencies in the stake).
This allows these leaders to see adults in the wards. They do not have access to youth leaders (deacons quorum presidency, for example) or to lists of youth members.
Wolfcub824

Denied Access to LCR

Post by Wolfcub824 »

So, I'm a Relief Society Secretary and my user account is being denied access to the LCR. I used to be able to go on it with no problem, and it is something that I use for my calling, so it's kind of important to have access... I checked the callings that should have access and my calling is still listed as one. I also checked if my calling was up to date, and on lds tools it has me listed right... So I'm wondering if this is a glitch or what?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

It is more likely to be a glitch. On many occasions, as a user from another country, I've often observed (via this forum) that on Sunday's the US (assuming you are US based) have difficulties in accessing various Church services. This can happen if the system gets overloaded, or if a server has problems. On Monday you then find everything works normally.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you continue to have problems, check with the clerk. Make sure someone hasn't moved you into a custom calling (perhaps to tweak the calling's name - especially if you have more than one relief society in the ward.)

Also, make sure you're using your login and not the last person to use the computer. If you're trying to use your husband's login, that's not likely to work (unless he also has a calling that gives him access). There is no such thing as joint LDS Accounts.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Denied Access to LCR

Post by scgallafent »

Wolfcub824 wrote:So, I'm a Relief Society Secretary and my user account is being denied access to the LCR. I used to be able to go on it with no problem, and it is something that I use for my calling, so it's kind of important to have access... I checked the callings that should have access and my calling is still listed as one. I also checked if my calling was up to date, and on lds tools it has me listed right... So I'm wondering if this is a glitch or what?
Your calling is recorded as a custom calling. Have your ward clerk correct that and then allow 24 hours for permissions to update.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Wolfcub824 wrote:So, I'm a Relief Society Secretary and my user account is being denied access to the LCR. I used to be able to go on it with no problem, and it is something that I use for my calling, so it's kind of important to have access... I checked the callings that should have access and my calling is still listed as one. I also checked if my calling was up to date, and on lds tools it has me listed right... So I'm wondering if this is a glitch or what?
You are in a custom position, so you will need to get with your clerk to get that fixed. It looks like for a while you had both the standard position and a custom position of Relief Society Secretary, but the removed the standard position.
Wolfcub824

Post by Wolfcub824 »

jonesrk wrote:
You are in a custom position, so you will need to get with your clerk to get that fixed. It looks like for a while you had both the standard position and a custom position of Relief Society Secretary, but the removed the standard position.
Jonesrk thank you for explaining why my user access changed, I will let my Clerk know I need that fixed.

And thanks to all others for their feedback. :)
CynthiaSuzanne

Post by CynthiaSuzanne »

I'm a newly called branch president, and before that, I was not in a leadership position for about a year. While I was the HPGL about a year ago, I don't remember LCR allowing me the same level of access to membership information that my wife now has as the YW Sec. I'm assuming the same level she has is shared with all members of the branch council at least.

When I sign in under my credentials, I have access to the Membership menu. And understandably, under my wife's credentials, the Membership menu isn't there. However, the first item listed in the menu - Membership List - is also the first item in the Reports menu, to which my wife does have access.

The information accessible via the Membership List is the same as what would appear on anyone's individual ordinance summary - which used to be (and I assume still is) restricted by policy to the bishop and the membership clerk (and the member themselves).

As I mentioned, I'm assuming the ability for someone other than a bishopric/branch pres'y member to access this info via LCR came about sometime within the last year or so. Is this functioning as intended, and this info is treated less confidential than it was before, or is there a bug in the system?

Note also, when under my wife's credentials I can't see any contact info that has been set as private in the directory, but that info is still accessible via the Member List.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

CynthiaSuzanne wrote:As I mentioned, I'm assuming the ability for someone other than a bishopric/branch pres'y member to access this info via LCR came about sometime within the last year or so. Is this functioning as intended, and this info is treated less confidential than it was before, or is there a bug in the system?
Yes, this was a fairly recent change and, yes, it was intentional. These things are reviewed carefully by the general authorities responsible for records and church systems.

Even though auxiliary and priesthood quorum leaders now have access to member profiles, that doesn't mean they can see everything that a bishopric, branch presidency or clerk can see. In addition auxiliaries and quorums leaders can only see more sensitive information for those members who they have responsibility for. Even then they only see certain sensitive information which they may need. I don't know the details of exactly what each leader can see but it is more limited than unit level leadership and clerks. They can't print full membership records or IOS printouts for instance.

If you go to Other > Access Table in LCR you can see what high level functions are available to each leader. It doesn't show exactly which details in the member profile each can see but it does have a comment that, as an example, the RS President can't see the priesthood office of male members.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

CynthiaSuzanne wrote:I'm a newly called branch president, and before that, I was not in a leadership position for about a year. While I was the HPGL about a year ago, I don't remember LCR allowing me the same level of access to membership information that my wife now has as the YW Sec. I'm assuming the same level she has is shared with all members of the branch council at least.
Branch council members and their presidencies (including secretaries) all have similar access to LCR.
CynthiaSuzanne wrote:When I sign in under my credentials, I have access to the Membership menu. And understandably, under my wife's credentials, the Membership menu isn't there. However, the first item listed in the menu - Membership List - is also the first item in the Reports menu, to which my wife does have access.
This is correct.
CynthiaSuzanne wrote:The information accessible via the Membership List is the same as what would appear on anyone's individual ordinance summary - which used to be (and I assume still is) restricted by policy to the bishop and the membership clerk (and the member themselves).
Your wife should see some, but not all detail. For example, she sees an "Ordinances" tab for young women that shows ordinances that have been received (without dates or ordinance performers) but does not see an Ordinances tab for members who are not part of the young women organization.
CynthiaSuzanne wrote:Note also, when under my wife's credentials I can't see any contact info that has been set as private in the directory, but that info is still accessible via the Member List.
That is correct.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”