How can I copy and Paste

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

saltzgiverm

How can I copy and Paste

Post by saltzgiverm »

How do I copy and paste from Gospel Library to a document for a talk etc.
ToManyLetters

Re: How can I copy and Paste

Post by ToManyLetters »

There are two different methods you can use to copy and paste that will, at least for now, yield different results.

FOR KEYBOARD AND MOUSE OR KEYBOARD AND TRACKPAD USERS
Method One:
Right click over a verse or paragraph. When you do this, the circular (radial) menu will appear. The option at the bottom of the menu is copy. From there, you can paste it into your lesson. This method will add a link to your copied text so that you can click on it to jump back to that content in the application.

Method Two:
Select the text you want to copy as you would select text in any other application. When you do this, the small ellipses bubble will appear. This is a small circle that will hover near the text you selected. Click the ellipses in the center of the bubble to expand the radial menu. The option at the bottom of the menu is copy. From there, you can paste it into your lesson. This method will copy the text only, and not add a link.

FOR TOUCH DEVICES (TABLETS, LAPTOPS WITH TOUCHSCREENS)
Method One:
Press and hold over a verse or paragraph. When you do this, the circular (radial) menu will appear. The option at the bottom of the menu is copy. From there, you can paste it into your lesson. This method will add a link to your copied text so that you can click on it to jump back to that content in the application.

Method Two:
Select the text you want to copy as you would select text in any other application. When you do this, the small ellipses bubble will appear. This is a small circle that will hover near the text you selected. Tap the ellipses in the center of the bubble to expand the radial menu. The option at the bottom of the menu is copy. From there, you can paste it into your lesson. This method will copy the text only, and not add a link.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
duanescrowther

Post by duanescrowther »

Is there a way within the Gospel Library for Windows in the Copy/Paste functionality to have the copy include the references at the top instead of the bottom and eliminate the path to the content?

The current functionality results in the following - Select a verse and use the copy with references (below) option. This results in:

1 I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days.

1 Nephi 1:1
Book of Mormon
Scriptures

The desired functionality would be to include an option in the copy function that says: copy with references (above) but have an option to eliminate the path to just include the reference. The result would look like the following:

1 Nephi 1:1
1 I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days.

This would duplicate the functionality provided in the Authorized Windows version of the Scriptures on CD.

When you are copying and pasting multiple references into a document, it is cumbersome to have to remove the repeated reference to the Book of scripture as well as the Scripture Path in the Paste functionality.

I would appreciate hearing from you on the matter.
Duane S. Crowther
bbbzeliard

Post by bbbzeliard »

Brother Crowther,

My Gospel Library app just updated to 6.4.2.0 and it appears that while the option to have the scriptural citation appear above the copied text instead of below has not yet been added, additional copy functionality has. When I select scriptural text and click the circle with three horizontal lines inside it, I'm given a context menu with three different options for the "Copy" function.

At the bottom of Settings > Behavior is "Default Copy Behavior Settings" which gives some flexibility with how copying behaves.

Also, if you're the author Duane S. Crowther who wrote books such as "Gifts of the Spirit" and "The Prophecies of Joseph Smith", I love your work!

-Brent B.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”