New feature allows building schedulers to create events

For community testing of Calender releases.
kaibua

Re: New feature allows building schedulers to create events

Post by kaibua »

So a little more info on my issue. I am the building scheduler for 3 wards in one building. I put all the restrictions on the calendar for all 3 wards. If I have an event I try to schedule such as a funeral etc I cannot schedule it over a restriction (ie 3rd Saturday of every month is restricted to the 7th ward) even though I created the restriction. Let's say the funeral is from 10 am to noon. If I remove the restriction then that would "open" the day so anyone could schedule on the 7th wards day because there would no longer be a restriction. Let's use the example of a family event that may be requested 6 months in advance. If the ward that has the restriction approves of the family event for a couple hours in the morning in the RS Room. I would have to remove the ward's restriction on the entire building for the entire day, 6 months in advance for the couple hours for the family event. I guess I could remove the restriction then put another event on reserving the rest of the building for the rest of the day for the ward. My work around is that I can schedule an event on the day of a restriction as long as I do not select a location. Thanks for any suggestions. I am just curious why, if I am the originator of the restriction why I can't I also schedule an event?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kaibua wrote:Let's say the funeral is from 10 am to noon. If I remove the restriction then that would "open" the day so anyone could schedule on the 7th wards day because there would no longer be a restriction.
Note that you've posted in the Beta Calendar section. It's for discussing issues with the beta, not production calendar.

You could create a restriction, or multiple restrictions to block off the rest of the time for that ward.

Note that if you create an event, then no one, not even the ward you're trying to reserve it for can create an event. So that's not a good solution.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

And this is why I (and my Stake) gave up trying to use Restrictions. We have awards actually put their events on the calendar. I am sure there are uses for others but tRestrictions have been more headaches than just scheduling events.

Return to “Beta Calendar”