Restricted Events Display differently

For community testing of Calender releases.
mendysmob7

Restricted Events Display differently

Post by mendysmob7 »

I have been having problems with restrictions. I am in the Lakeside Stake in the 6th Ward. When I look at the calendar for December 6th the time slot I want looks open. When I try to schedule it I get a restriction error. I went to your beta software and at first it looked like this problem had been fixed but there is still something wacky. In the month view I see all the events. (I don't on the released version) but when I switch to the agenda view in the beta calendar I only see 4 events.

I would like to speak to someone about this issue on the rolled out version... I suppose someone on the beta team should be aware of this too. Please contact me 801-589-9086.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Restricted Events Display differently.

Post by russellhltn »

mendysmob7 wrote:I have been having problems with restrictions. I am in the Lakeside Stake in the 6th Ward. When I look at the calendar for December 6th the time slot I want looks open. When I try to schedule it I get a restriction error. I went to your beta software and at first it looked like this problem had been fixed but there is still something wacky. In the month view I see all the events. (I don't on the released version) but when I switch to the agenda view in the beta calendar I only see 4 events.

I would like to speak to someone about this issue on the rolled out version... I suppose someone on the beta team should be aware of this too. Please contact me 801-589-9086.
I suggest you work with the stake first. Odds are they have placed a restriction that prevents your ward from scheduling an event, even if there is no existing event.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Re: Restricted Events Display differently.

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
mendysmob7 wrote:I have been having problems with restrictions. I am in the Lakeside Stake in the 6th Ward. When I look at the calendar for December 6th the time slot I want looks open. When I try to schedule it I get a restriction error. I went to your beta software and at first it looked like this problem had been fixed but there is still something wacky. In the month view I see all the events. (I don't on the released version) but when I switch to the agenda view in the beta calendar I only see 4 events.

I suggest you work with the stake first. Odds are they have placed a restriction that prevents your ward from scheduling an event, even if there is no existing event.
If you look in the Week View in the released version you should see the restriction that russellhltn (rightly) expects is there. Make sure that your location is checked on the left side of the calendar. In the released version you can only see restrictions in the Week View. In the beta version restrictions show up in both the Month and Week view (but not in the Agenda view). That is almost surely the explanation for the behavior you are seeing.

If the stake decides to, they can remove the restriction for that time. But you should probably be prepared to choose another time because they very well may have put the restriction in place for a good reason.

Return to “Beta Calendar”