IS THERE AN "LDS TOOLS" app or program for Windows 7?

Discussions around the LDS Tools application for Windows 8 Pro and RT.
davidallenabbott

IS THERE AN "LDS TOOLS" app or program for Windows 7?

Post by davidallenabbott »

I love LDS Tools app for iphone. It has become indispensable but I find I could use it even more if it was on my laptop (long emails to elders quorum and boy scout parents....) so why is there not a program option for win7? There are only like 50 billion win7 users out there.??
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: IS THERE AN "LDS TOOLS" app or program for Windows 7?

Post by russellhltn »

There are no LDS Tools for desktops, be they Mac, Windows, *nix, whatever - with the sole exception of Windows 8. And that's just because it also happens to be a tablet OS.

I'm not sure of the reasoning, but it might be they expect you to use your browser and go to lds.org instead.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: IS THERE AN "LDS TOOLS" app or program for Windows 7?

Post by aebrown »

One option that some people use is an Android emulator such as BlueStacks. Then you can install the Android version of LDS Tools there. For most things, using a browser for LDS.org gives you everything and more that the mobile apps do. But the one big advantage of the mobile apps is that they work offline, so if you frequently need offline access to the Directory, the LDS Tools app under an emulator might meet your needs.

Return to “Windows 8 LDS Tools”