Application form for going to mission

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
pgm44
Location: Philippines, Cagayan de Oro city, Northern Mindanao

Application form for going to mission

Post by pgm44 »

Hi, can I, as ward clerk, print a application form for a member who will go to mission. If so, can some tell me step by step where to find it. I know there are many pages in that application.
Or is the bishop the only one who can print that?

Thanks for your help and a Merry Christmas to all
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Application form for going to mission

Post by jdlessley »

Where possible it is recommended to use the online system. If you and the bishop have access to the Missionary Online Recommendation System (MORS) then you can start the application process online for the member and have them do a majority of the application electronically.

To submit an application online you or the bishop sign on to MORS. You can access MORS through Leader and Clerk Resources under the menu item "Applications". You must sign on to LDS.org to have the LCR link show on the applications menu. Once on MORS click the "Initiate New Recommendation" link in the left menu pane on the main MORS page to start a new application. At this point you can print the blank forms by clicking the "Print Blank Forms" link in the left menu pane. Or you can initiate the application process by selecting the type of missionary application and providing the member's information. You will find the process is easy to follow by following the prompts and instructions.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

When the system first went live, the Bishop had to authorise who had permissions to access the application process. Does that still apply? If it does you will need him to give you the necessary permissions, before you can proceed.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Yes, the bishop still needs to authorize the member to begin the online application process before the future missionary can begin.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jdlessley wrote:To submit an application online you or the bishop sign on to MORS.
Since there appears to to some confusion I will clarify.

In the opening post pgm44 mentioned he was a clerk. When I said "you" I was referring to pgm44 as a clerk. Only the bishop/branch president or the clerk can initiate a missionary application. Members must have the missionary application initiated by their bishop/branch president or clerk before they can access their online missionary application.

As a branch clerk I had access to MORS without the branch president explicitly giving me, by name, permission within the system to use MORS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
pgm44

Post by pgm44 »

The Bishop and I will thank you for your answers and we wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. In Dutch "Zalig Kerstfeest" and a "Gelukkig Nieuwjaar"

PGM44
jflake96

Post by jflake96 »

Once the bishop opens up the mission papers, how does the member or prospective missionary access them?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jflake96 wrote:Once the bishop opens up the mission papers, how does the member or prospective missionary access them?
The missionary signs in to LDS.org, selects the My Account and Ward drop down at the top right, and chooses Missionary Recommendation in the right column under Tools and Support.
pgm44

Post by pgm44 »

Thanks again for all the answers. It is clear now.
Iberedem

Post by Iberedem »

jdlessley wrote:
jdlessley wrote:To submit an application online you or the bishop sign on to MORS.
Since there appears to to some confusion I will clarify.

In the opening post pgm44 mentioned he was a clerk. When I said "you" I was referring to pgm44 as a clerk. Only the bishop/branch president or the clerk can initiate a missionary application. Members must have the missionary application initiated by their bishop/branch president or clerk before they can access their online missionary application.

As a branch clerk I had access to MORS without the branch president explicitly giving me, by name,iberedem etinyene samuel permission within the system to use MORS.
:D

Code: Select all

[u][/u]

Return to “Reports and Forms”