Application form for going to mission

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Application form for going to mission

Post by russellhltn »

Arte71 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:10 pm So our ward clerk wants to serve a mission, and they need to fill the recommendation to send to the bishop with the papers
Was this for a proselyting mission or a senior mission? Due the Handbook stating the Ward Clerk "should hold the Melchizedek Priesthood and have a current temple recommend." I'd think that would tend to limit the number who haven't been on a proselyting mission.

If its anything like LCR, there might be a drop down list where you select in what role you are accessing the website.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Arte71

Post by Arte71 »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:40 pm
Arte71 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:10 pm So our ward clerk wants to serve a mission, and they need to fill the recommendation to send to the bishop with the papers
Was this for a proselyting mission or a senior mission? Due the Handbook stating the Ward Clerk "should hold the Melchizedek Priesthood and have a current temple recommend." I'd think that would tend to limit the number who haven't been on a proselyting mission.

If its anything like LCR, there might be a drop down list where you select in what role you are accessing the website.
It's a proselyting mission, and yeah, it's kind of an unique situation :lol: (The ward clerk has a stronger desire to serve a mission more nowadays than before)

We haven't seen any option to change the access roles in the webpage or anywhere else, but maybe we can try to find it again for a second time with that in mind.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:40 pm Due the Handbook stating the Ward Clerk "should hold the Melchizedek Priesthood and have a current temple recommend." I'd think that would tend to limit the number who haven't been on a proselyting mission.
Most brothers receive the Melchizedek priesthood and are endowed before they enter the MTC. They may choose to go to college for a couple of semesters, or for a number of other reasons not go on a mission immediately (especially since the lowered age of mission eligibility*), but they can still be ordained and endowed at age 18. I imagine this situation is more common in YSA wards, but could happen in other wards too.

*In the press conference after it was announced that young men could leave at age 18, President (then Elder) Nelson stated, "We are not suggesting that all young men will—or should—serve at this earlier age. Many will still prefer to start at age 19 or older."
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I agree that there's been a shift in policy, which in my mind essentially decouples receiving the endowment from serving a mission or getting married (which in practice was the way things were managed years ago). As you stated, many young adult men and women still receive their endowment as part of their mission prep. But GHB 27.2.2 clarifies that any worthy member meeting those conditions may receive their temple endowment. I personally hope to see many more of these young adults receiving their endowment as soon as they can, and receiving that "power from on high" into their lives.

That said, I'm interested in seeing what the result is for the Clerk situation, whether it's "user error" or perhaps the Church hasn't programmed this use-case into the website!
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I'm assuming he's been added into the missionary application system as a helper (so that he can help the bishop with applications). I wonder if the bishop removed him as a helper if that would let him use the system as an applicant. IIRC only the bishop has rights to the system by default.
Arte71

Post by Arte71 »

Well, for those who were curious about the missionary problem, we ended up actually "releasing and re-seizing". (which hey, it only took 2 days to do all the process so it wasn't bad)

As if the problem was an "user error" or not, we're still not sure sadly. From what I heard from the ward clerk he said that the bishop tried to remove all his privileges (like helping in the financial department or accessing the ward calendar) but even by doing all that, he said that he was blocked from accessing all clerk tools... except he was still directed as a missionary helper.

The reason why I say "we're not sure" is because who knows? Maybe there was actually an option like
jonesrk wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:23 pm I wonder if the bishop removed him as a helper if that would let him use the system as an applicant. IIRC only the bishop has rights to the system by default.
said, but we never found it. And well, we aren't the most tech savy people out there so ^^'

Only the future will tell. But in the meantime, for all those who have a similar problem, the workaround ain't really that bad of a solution.

And excuse me getting a bit off-topic
sbradshaw wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:15 pm
Most brothers receive the Melchizedek priesthood and are endowed before they enter the MTC. They may choose to go to college for a couple of semesters, or for a number of other reasons not go on a mission immediately (especially since the lowered age of mission eligibility*), but they can still be ordained and endowed at age 18. I imagine this situation is more common in YSA wards, but could happen in other wards too.
BrianEdwards wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:54 pm I agree that there's been a shift in policy, which in my mind essentially decouples receiving the endowment from serving a mission or getting married (which in practice was the way things were managed years ago). As you stated, many young adult men and women still receive their endowment as part of their mission prep. But GHB 27.2.2 clarifies that any worthy member meeting those conditions may receive their temple endowment. I personally hope to see many more of these young adults receiving their endowment as soon as they can, and receiving that "power from on high" into their lives.
Which to be fair, this shift in policy became true specially nowadays, because we just have WAAAAAAAAY more temples than ever before. My parents had to take a 3-day plane trip so they could be sealed in the temple, but nowadays, a 2 hour car/bus ride will just do the trick!

It didn't make sense before the early 2000's to get your endowments unless you were going into a mission or marrying someone (at least in a financial perspective), but nowadays? The fact that young adults can serve in callings that were almost exclusively for people over 30 (like a ward clerk) is pretty amazing!
dankanmuoki06

Post by dankanmuoki06 »

may i please get missionary application form
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dankanmuoki06 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:36 am may i please get missionary application form
Talk to your bishop. He has to enable the process before you can get it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Anthonynonato0123

Post by Anthonynonato0123 »

Missionary application form on Going to :D mission
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Anthonynonato0123 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:42 pm Missionary application form on Going to :D mission
Step 1: Talk to bishop so he can enable that.

Return to “Reports and Forms”