Feature to export or print notes

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
burnside

Re: Feature to export or print notes

Post by burnside »

PLEASE reinstate the notes backup feature. I have a lot of journal entries that will be very cumbersome to transfer to something else without being able to just back everything up.
ChadBeardall

Post by ChadBeardall »

Why was the export feature removed? I used to write talks in my journals, and then export them and print them. Is this just gone?
trevorjchristensen

Post by trevorjchristensen »

I know! I asked the same question. I can't figure our why it has been removed. Without the export feature, there isn't a lot of point to adding things to notebooks. I tried to run this up the flag pole, but the responses I received from technical support was clearly from a younger person who had never seen the whole concept and process as it used to be. I finally just dropped it. It is very frustrating - because the user interface tools via one's phone have finally arrived at a point where they are easy to use - and then I find out I can't export any of my notebooks/journals! The export tool for creating talks, etc. is an absolute necessity to make the notetaking/highlighting/journaling system work. Perhaps you can get further than I did.
tovokas

Post by tovokas »

Yes, it frankly terrifies me to not be able to export my notes any more, and I’ve kindly been putting in a word for an import option for years. I’ve been adding study notes since the Gospel Library first arrived, and I think my last backup had over 13,000 notes, including all the notes I transferred by hand from my well-marked physical scriptures. It would devastating indeed to lose them in a database snafu. :)
flournoyc

Post by flournoyc »

Agreed. Please bring back the export functionality. I have spent years of work expecting this feature to remain.
bowklook

Post by bowklook »

Piling on here...this seems like such a straightforward request in today’s tech and mobile environment. Users can share/export individual notes, why not allow entire notebooks or tag selections the same function?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

bowklook wrote:Piling on here...this seems like such a straightforward request in today’s tech and mobile environment. Users can share/export individual notes, why not allow entire notebooks or tag selections the same function?
As this is a user-to-user tech support forum, posting requests here will do nothing to request changes. If you want your idea/request/question to get to the programmers (and more importantly the decision makers who direct their priorities) you should send feedback from within the app. Posts to this forum will not reach them.

You will most likely NOT receive an individualized response, but others who are more "in the know" than I am have indicated that all feedback is read by service missionaries and forwarded to the appropriate departments for consideration.
mussaw81

Post by mussaw81 »

Agreed. I just tried to do this but it appears that this function is no longer available!
ddalling1

Post by ddalling1 »

I figured out a work around. When you use gospel library Application make sure you sync with your LDS account. The changes then show up at https://www.lds.org/notes/notebooks?lang=eng
from which you click on the 'share icon' which gives you 3options (facebook, twitter, or email). I then shared as email to my evernote inbox email, so I can back it up.

By the way, I just put a bunch of notes in the Gospel Library Beta version, and sadly it is NOT syncing with either the normal Gospel Library app nor the LDS.org notes.

Lastly, one big plus in my mind in keeping notes in the gospel library is that it's backed up (like familysearch) in the heart of mountains somewhere? Or does that only apply to family history. I would hope that it's all very secure, so that my posterity can have access to it after my death. DOes anyone kinow?
Thanks!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

ddalling1 wrote:By the way, I just put a bunch of notes in the Gospel Library Beta version, and sadly it is NOT syncing with either the normal Gospel Library app nor the LDS.org notes.
Which beta are you on – Android or iOS? Do you see a sync error message if you look under your username in Settings? And which build of the beta are you running (under "App Details") in settings?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Library”