Feature to export or print notes

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
ddalling1

Re: Feature to export or print notes

Post by ddalling1 »

4.2.5.0 beta version. Your help would be greatly appreciated as I had a lot of good revelation today, that I wrote down, and want access to it. Now it crashes every time I try to launch the beta program. None of the tabs work. It just freezes, so I can't even copy paste or screenshot even my notes.
ddalling1

Post by ddalling1 »

the beta version was working just fine until I tried to sync it to LDS account
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I assume you're on Android – 4.2.5.0 is an old version of Gospel Library that's no longer supported. Annotation sync doesn't work from the old version of the app because different URLs are being used, to support a more up-to-date security standard (TLS 1.2). You'll need to update to Gospel Library 5 or later to be able to sync.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ddalling1

Post by ddalling1 »

SOrry I forgot to mention I'm on Windows 10 Dell PC. So I will try to uninstall and reinstall
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

ddalling1 wrote:SOrry I forgot to mention I'm on Windows 10 Dell PC. So I will try to uninstall and reinstall
If you delete and reinstall, be aware than anything that hasn't synced will be permanently lost. If you have important notes, I'd recommend getting in contact with someone on the Windows Gospel Library support team first – maybe they can help, or maybe there's something they can debug to prevent the same problem from happening to other users.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ddalling1

Post by ddalling1 »

Great idea. Thanks!
corwinslack

Post by corwinslack »

Well it is here now. This squeaky shell got some grease.
LarsMalm

Post by LarsMalm »

For Swedes:
https://www.lds.org/notes/notebooks?lang=eng
Tryck på "All notes". Exportera genom att trycka på "Export my notes". Då bildas en fil kallad: "annotation_exports.csv". Öppna i t ex Word och "sök och ändra" alla diakritiska tecken:
&#xE5= å
&#xE4=ä
&#xF6=ö osv
bpurser

Post by bpurser »

Note that the "export my notes" feature has a bug and only exports a partial number of notes. This thread over on the forum "Main Church Website - Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures" might be helpful: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11010&start=10
JorgeCampozano

Post by JorgeCampozano »

I truly wish that our Gospel Library would have a better feature to print on paper, every type of journal entries. Also, the Gospel Library is so much more functionable than the LDS.org notes platform.

I believe that a very important aspect of sacred writ should include family history via journal entries for future generations, as commanded by the Lord. I have through the years received wonderful inspiration and personal revelation regarding the scriptures. And I wish that this gathered information could be part of my sharable, recordable, and transmitted family history for my posterity.

Please know how much I appreciate and love Gospel Library, thanks!

Return to “Gospel Library”