iCal not importing to computer or phone despite correct URL

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
tleish

Re: iCal not importing to computer or phone despite correct

Post by tleish »

russellhltn wrote:Do you have anything else using that URL?
This gave me a clue that my spouse was using the same URL on her google calendar. It hadn't occurred to me that only one of us could use it.

Working now,

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tleish wrote:This gave me a clue that my spouse was using the same URL on her google calendar.
Odd. My experience has been that Google only updates once every 24 hours. It shouldn't be an issue. But I suppose that if both of you are using it, one may update right after the other leading one to have a problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
clivesidney

Post by clivesidney »

Thank you all so much - I have it working now on iCloud (it was the nine minute thing - so now I only have iCloud using the sync, and everything else getting it from there).

Another question - in my LDS calendar I have several ward calendars and a stake calendar which I can select or deselect in the online (LDS.org) version of the calendar, but even when I deselect there they still all come to iCloud. There are so many stake reminders that I don't want in my iCloud calendar but they all seem to come through and I can't stop them.

Any suggestions about this please?

C.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

You receive everything to which you are subscribed, whether or not you have selected it for viewing online.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

clivesidney wrote:I have several ward calendars and a stake calendar which I can select or deselect in the online (LDS.org) version of the calendar, but even when I deselect there they still all come to iCloud.
Those checkboxes only affect the display. You have to change your subscription to remove them from the sync. (And when you do that, you no longer have the option to display them.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
clivesidney

Post by clivesidney »

So how can I remove them from my subscription? I have looked everywhere and can't find how to. I am on our ward bishopric, and it looks to me that I am stuck with them - unless there is a non-obvious way of removing the stake subscription.

C.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

clivesidney wrote:So how can I remove them from my subscription? I have looked everywhere and can't find how to. I am on our ward bishopric, and it looks to me that I am stuck with them - unless there is a non-obvious way of removing the stake subscription.

C.
On the left hand side of the screen, immediately above the "Churchwide Calendars" there is a small button with two right arrows on it. Click that button and the left hand panel will expand and provide you options to subscribe and unsubscribe from calendars.
clivesidney

Post by clivesidney »

Thank you soooooo much for that - now it is all working as I want it.

Best wishes,

C.

Return to “Calendar”