Extended Access Problem

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Mikerowaved wrote:......I understand they are also working with the Extended Access site list to include sites commonly asked for, so General Access wont need to be installed unless where absolutely needed.
The phone call that I received from the GSD on Thursday AM of this past week told me that the "problem" with the ASA's had been fixed. I said "hurray". After work I dropped by a nearby building and checked the access. Still no access to NFS (new familysearch). Moan....

I called the GSD and that's when the 2nd level support pushed down the General Access script, which resolved the problem. So it's got to be a little more than just a modification of the filtering at their end. The scripting had to be changed at the ASA's end in order to permit NFS which is a necessity for us.

I'm just taking the position that if it's working, don't meddle.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Techgy wrote:I called the GSD and that's when the 2nd level support pushed down the General Access script, which resolved the problem. So it's got to be a little more than just a modification of the filtering at their end. The scripting had to be changed at the ASA's end in order to permit NFS which is a necessity for us.
I guess I wasn't clear enough. They are working on the "Extended Access" to include commonly requested sites, like nFS (requires a change of filtering at their end), but for those who can't wait, "General Access" will work (requires a change of scripting at our end to use a different filter.)

General Access allows a broader access to the Internet and may not be the first choice for some Stake Presidents.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”