Definitions/Abbreviations

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

CCN, for Church Communications Network (???)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

MorettiDP wrote:CCN, for Church Communications Network (???)
CCN is already on the Acronyms list. It isn't mentioned in this thread, but the whole purpose of this thread is to update the Acronyms list (it would be redundant to have two lists of acronyms).
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Alan_Brown wrote:CCN is already on the Acronyms list. It isn't mentioned in this thread, but the whole purpose of this thread is to update the Acronyms list (it would be redundant to have two lists of acronyms).

Sorry... :D
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

McDanielCA wrote:I'm working on the acronyms right now. Any others you can think of?
I've noticed a few updates, but there are still many of the abbreviations listed on the post at the beginning of this thread that are not incorporated in the Acronyms page.

Is that because they were overlooked, or because they were considered, but rejected?

Also, that broken link on the GSD definition page is still a problem (it might not be broken, but rather only work on the Church's internal network, but to those of us on the outside, it is the same as broken).
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

McDanielCA wrote:I'm working on the acronyms right now. Any others you can think of?
In reference to the Acronyms page, the GSD acronym has a link below it for Global Service Desk. The link is broken.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

McDanielCA wrote:I'm interested in adding more of these acronyms to keep it as up to date and as useful as possible. Keep any other acronyms coming that you'd like to see added :)
I just added TES to the list.

Edit: Also, OTOH.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

Roy,

The reason you don't see the newly added acronyms is because we will soon be changing the acronyms page up. It should be a little easier to navigate and will have most, except for the most recent few, included. You'll see it in a couple of weeks.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

McDanielCA wrote:Roy,

The reason you don't see the newly added acronyms is because we will soon be changing the acronyms page up. It should be a little easier to navigate and will have most, except for the most recent few, included. You'll see it in a couple of weeks.
Thanks Cassie. I look forward to the upgrade.:p
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

The acronyms have been updated and the format has been changed a bit. Check it out here.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

McDanielCA wrote:The acronyms have been updated and the format has been changed a bit. Check it out here.
In case someone missed the recent minor site reorganization, the standard link to the updated Acronyms page that Cassie linked to is now on the right-hand side of the LDS Tech home page, under the heading "Community."

Return to “Links & Resources”