Windows Phone LDS Tools for Windows 10

Discussions around the LDS Tools application for all versions of Windows Phone.
pahollow

Windows Phone LDS Tools for Windows 10

Post by pahollow »

Has any work begun for LDS tools for Windows 10 Universal App? The current app is not even close to parity compared to iOS and Android and this month is the beta for Windows 10 including indo Phone 10.
joshuaworkman

Re: Windows Phone LDS Tools for Windows 10

Post by joshuaworkman »

Work is well under way. The LDS Tools for Windows team has working versions for phones and PCs. They are currently trying to work out the significant bugs and finish up important features before release. Check the windows phone store and you may find the LDS Tools Beta app. Feature parity is the goal, but it takes time for the volunteers to catch up with the years the iOS and Android have had to develop their applications.
pahollow

Post by pahollow »

Just loaded the tools on a Nokia Lumia 920 and it is pretty good in terms of basic function. It is a bit buggy at time but an excellent start. Also the buggy part may be because Windows 10 is also buggy but if this is the quality so fat it can only get better of course as joshuaworkman said feature parity is a long way off, given the years of development and larger team that iOS and Android have and I suppose still have. It will be great one day when WinTools are the leader in terms of function and features - that is the dream!
nigelrowe

Post by nigelrowe »

We have just invested in Linx tablets ( windows10) as they cross match our business PC's.
As a unit leader I now find all relevant information is not available on tools under windows format which is somewhat frustrating.
How long before windows is brought up to speed please so I can once more see all that I should as a leader.
Have to say why is this not mentioned under the availability tag on downloads.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nigelrowe wrote:How long before windows is brought up to speed please so I can once more see all that I should as a leader.
I'm sure they're working as fast as they can, but unlike the iOS and Android versions, Windows is being done only by volunteers who have to find time from their other responsibilities.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
p_fingleton

Post by p_fingleton »

Hi All,

I would like to say thank you for the Windows Tools app for Windows. The work is really appreciated.
I was wondering, and perhaps it may be a topic for Cross-Posting to the iOS LDS Tools subforum. However, if the iOS version of Tools is written in Objective-C a potentially quick way to bring the Windows 10 apps up to the same level as iOS would be to use Microsoft's Project Islandwood technologies for creating Windows 10 Universal Apps from Objective-C source code.

Unfortunately, if iOS tools were written in Swyft, I do not think that the code can be reused in the same way (yet.

Thanks Again.

Return to “Windows Phone LDS Tools”