Camera options for Vidyo desktop

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

bretpetersen1

Camera options for Vidyo desktop

Post by bretpetersen1 »

Are there any camera options for PVC besides those listed on their website. They basically have expensive remote cameras and cheap webcams.

We have a Sony HDR-CX240 camera. This camera is not as expensive as the remote cameras supported but has have zoom capability. Vidyo desktop does not recognize it. Is there a way to get desktop to see this camera.

Alternatively, can we use a USB video capture device with this type of camera? Does Vidyo desktop recognize any of these USB capture devices?
rolandc

Re: Camera options for Vidyo desktop

Post by rolandc »

It works with the capture device that I use, made by Startech: SVID2USB2 is the model number.
Roland
justincy

Post by justincy »

rolandc wrote:It works with the capture device that I use, made by Startech: SVID2USB2 is the model number.
Why do you use USB out from the camera instead of HDMI out?

Do you use the S-video or composite video?
bretpetersen1

Post by bretpetersen1 »

I am not sure about Roland, but I am trying to find a low cost camera to Vidyo desk top.

I can take the HDMI output or the composite video output of the camera into a capture device. The recommended method seems to be the very expensive video capture cards that can't be used with a laptop. Vidyo also works with the cheap webcams. There doesn't seem to be support for simpler cameras that have zoom.

The capture device Roland recommends is not on the supported list at Vidyo. Will all USB capture cards work if they have a windows driver? If not, what makes them compatible? The SVID2USB2 is a bit limited and doesn't get good reviews. I may buy one to try it.

Does anyone know how we get support? The support at Vidyo said to contact my "reseller".

Thanks for the input.
belljohnson123

Post by belljohnson123 »

I think all WebCameras are supported by major video conferencing providers such as Vidyo, Polycom, Avaya, R-HUB HD video conferencing etc. So whatever camera you select, it should work with Vidyo.

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”