Stake Young Men President access to LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
BrianEdwards

Re: Stake Young Men President access to LCR

Post by BrianEdwards »

Is there anyone out there in church IT who might be able to address this issue and if this feature can or will be added in the near future?
Many issues noted here on the Forum could be boiled down as follows:
1) Is this intended behavior?
2) If no, how can I try and get it fixed so it behaves correctly?
3) If yes, who can I talk to to get my concerns addressed?
4) Regardless of (2) or (3), any workarounds I can use in the meantime?

Any forum members who are in Church IT are not likely the "decision-makers", and they may not even know the "why" behind programming decisions, since I expect they are often simply assigned tasks to complete, without having background explanatory context.

I continue to hear that the only two real options for advocating change are using the Feedback links on Church webpages, and pushing this up the Church chain-of-command. Your Stake YM President could explain his need to the Stake President and ask if he can bring that up in his coordinating council, perhaps.

That said, it's definitely worth asking your question here! You never know what feedback you might get.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BrianEdwards wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:34 pm 1) Is this intended behavior?
2) If no, how can I try and get it fixed so it behaves correctly?
3) If yes, who can I talk to to get my concerns addressed?
4) Regardless of (2) or (3), any workarounds I can use in the meantime?
Another possible answer is "they may address this the next time that app is scheduled to get some developer love".

There's a small developer team that works on all the apps. The priorities are set from above. Just because a decision to change has been made, it doesn't mean it will be implemented right away. As such, some features may appear in one place before they become available in other places.

To give Stake YM leaders access to send a message to all the ward YM leadership, they need to do the same for YW and other organizations.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

According to the LCR Access Table - under the "Other" menu in LCR - the Stake Young Men (and Young Women) Presidencies do have access to some parts of LCR, including 'Send a Message'. As long as the high councilor(s) serving in the Stake YM presidency callings are recorded in LCR correctly (as the Stake Young Men President/counselors), then they should be able to access LCR and send messages.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nmecantwin73 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:22 pm According to the LCR Access Table - under the "Other" menu in LCR - the Stake Young Men (and Young Women) Presidencies do have access to some parts of LCR, including 'Send a Message'. As long as the high councilor(s) serving in the Stake YM presidency callings are recorded in LCR correctly (as the Stake Young Men President/counselors), then they should be able to access LCR and send messages.
Yes, but what can they send to? It seems this thread is about sending to all the ward YM leadership.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:05 pm
nmecantwin73 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:22 pm According to the LCR Access Table - under the "Other" menu in LCR - the Stake Young Men (and Young Women) Presidencies do have access to some parts of LCR, including 'Send a Message'. As long as the high councilor(s) serving in the Stake YM presidency callings are recorded in LCR correctly (as the Stake Young Men President/counselors), then they should be able to access LCR and send messages.
Yes, but what can they send to? It seems this thread is about sending to all the ward YM leadership.
So they can send it to the YM leadership (i.e. the bishopric). What they can't do is send it to the youth. I'm guessing that is by design, as has been discussed the stake organizations presidencies are to train the ward leaders and the ward leaders are to minister to those under their stewardship. As such the send a message function respects those stewardship boundaries. At the ward level messages can be sent to the AP quorum presidencies/ YW class presidencies.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”