Out of Unit Member Record.

Discussions around the LDS Tools application for all versions of Windows Phone.
daron

Out of Unit Member Record.

Post by daron »

I have a missionary couple who I created a out of unit member record so that they can view our membership from LDS Tools: leaders, members, addresses, phone, maps, etc. They could see the wards from their home stake and from this stake in lds tools. They then updated their lds tools app on their windows phone and all the units from this stake disappeared leaving only their home stake units. They still have a out of unit membership record in MLS. Is this a window OS problem and is there a work around for this. They have android tablets but are afraid of totally losing all access to this stake information if they upgrade them to the newer version.

Thanks.
Daron Baird
Ward Clerk
Lexington Park Ward, Suitland MD Stake.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Out of Unit Member Record.

Post by sbradshaw »

LDS Tools is relatively new on Windows, so I think there are probably still some features missing. I wouldn't be surprised if LDS Tools for Windows just doesn't support "secondary units" yet for out-of-unit leaders, and only gets info about the home ward/stake.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
daron

Post by daron »

Before the latest update of LDS Tools the windows version did support this. It was with the last update that it stopped supporting this feature. They updated their Windows device last week, so this should be the latest and greatest version. Since the window device stopped working they really are worried about updating their android device. Has anyone reported this feature going away on android devices?

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Something they might try is to sync the information on the Android. As I understand it, most of the "logic" in the system is really in the API. If that got changed, then it will go away in all versions on the next sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are they still able to switch between their home and service stakes in the LDS.org Directory?
https://www.lds.org/directory/?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Windows Phone LDS Tools”