Wall mounted flat TV Screen in Bishop's office.

Discussions about using TVs, projectors, laptops, tablets, smartphones, DVD Players and other media players in meetinghouses including standards, management, how to connect to them, proper use, and support.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Wall mounted flat TV Screen in Bishop's office.

Post by russellhltn »

Maybe. FM plays by the FM manual - a book we don't get to read.

As long as FM is following their manual, the chances of a contrary ruling is unlikely.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

According to my FM, with only limited exceptions they do what the SP and the bishops tell them to do. They do not own the keying rights to the building,the SP does. If the SP says they can't lock the members out of a room then they can't lock members out of a room. If they tell the SP no, in most cases - especially for something piddly like that - the SP can always call the area office and get things done. That there was an explicit threat is something that should have been reported to the area FM office, if not directly to the OPB as well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Sorry, I was reacting more to the title of the thread rather than the quote back. In the case you cited, I'd start a documentation trail.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

aclawson wrote:According to my FM, with only limited exceptions they do what the SP and the bishops tell them to do. They do not own the keying rights to the building,the SP does. If the SP says they can't lock the members out of a room then they can't lock members out of a room. If they tell the SP no, in most cases - especially for something piddly like that - the SP can always call the area office and get things done. That there was an explicit threat is something that should have been reported to the area FM office, if not directly to the OPB as well.
Nope, you've been severely misinformed - it was the experience we had.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

That's what the FM himself said. That's also what the FM before him said. I can only go by what I've been told.

YMMV, some FMs will be less cooperative than others.
rknelson

Post by rknelson »

FM groups certainly vary by location and personalities. We are all on the same team, and when there is a disagreement, the solution is to have the Stake President get involved. He can work with the Area Authority Seventy assigned to his Coordinating Council to sort out issues he feels need to be addressed.

Return to “Rich Media in Lessons and Training”