Availability of May 12 Face to Face Event

Discussions around receiving conferences and broadcasts for the meetinghouse via Internet.
kharoldsen

Availability of May 12 Face to Face Event

Post by kharoldsen »

Our stake is holding a stake youth mutual night to view the May 12th Face to Face event. Our meeting will not start for 1 hour after the live event started. Will we be able to view the stream from the beginning that soon?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Availability of May 12 Face to Face Event

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't know the answer to your question, but something to consider is that youth can ask questions via social media before or during the event. Since you won't be watching it live, you might want to remind them to ask questions before.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jennaf

Post by jennaf »

We are also watching the May 12th Face to Face event at our meetinghouse after the event is over (7pm Pacific Daylight Time). Will the event be available at that time? How long is the event? Is there a way I can record it, or will it be immediately available via the internet?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

At this point, the only known certain way to show the broadcast on a short-time delayed basis is to record it when it originates live at 6:00 pm Mountain Daylight Time.

The previous two Face-to-Face events were streamed only and lasted around one hour. This one will also be broadcast live on the Church satellite system.

For a one-hour delay, I would record. I would not depend on trying to start the stream an hour later and having it work.

For a two-hour delay, I would also record. I would not trust that the Church satellite system will run any delayed broadcasts as they normally would for general conference. Have a recording ready, and be pleasantly surprised if something happens.

Although the stream will be archived and available later, there has been no indication that this will happen immediately after the broadcast. It sometimes does, but I would not count on it. To do so would be too disappointing for a broadcast such as this where so many youth will be involved.

And for those few remaining who have not called the GSC, I just spoke with them, and they have no additional information other that what has been posted here and announced elsewhere.

So for planning purposes, I would suggest that anything more than what you can get from the live satellite broadcast or Internet feed tomorrow at 6:00 pm MDT will be a surprise bonus at this point.

There is always a chance for further light and knowledge Tuesday.
crs46

Post by crs46 »

I have the same question for the upcoming Face to Face this week. What was your experience in May? Were you able to replay it an hour after the live stream started?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I found the following in the announcement of the event:
  • Join the live event on LDS.org or by satellite broadcast on November 19 at 6:00 p.m. MST.
  • Those who cannot join the event live can watch it at YSAFace2Face.lds.org any time after the event begins.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Receiving Internet Broadcasts”