Can't access "tags"

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
rdtenney8

Can't access "tags"

Post by rdtenney8 »

As of today, I seem to have lost the ability to search by the tags I have used to create my own topical lists. From the "Notes" section, I only see the Notebooks and "All items". But clicking on the All Items brings me right back to the same place. I can still create new notes with tags. I just can't retrieve the highlighted items based on my tags.
Any suggestions?
mevans

Re: Can't access "tags"

Post by mevans »

I've found the "Notes" tool to be fairly erratic for a while. Sometimes you get the tag you click on and other times you don't.

I suggest you post your question in the "Notes and Journal and Online Scriptures" forum, as it's targeted to the Notes tool. You might find better discussion there.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:I suggest you post your question in the "Notes and Journal and Online Scriptures" forum, as it's targeted to the Notes tool.
No need. The thread has been moved.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

It started that way when I loaded it just now (no "Types" or "Tags" section) then (either because of a delay or because I clicked "show all" under Notebooks), they showed up. First time I've seen that.

FWIW,

Liz
rdtenney8

Post by rdtenney8 »

I was planning on posting back here that all my tags reappeared. I was not sure how the menu changed or what I had done. That was until yesterday.
Now, as quickly as they appeared, they are gone again. It is so frustrating. My tags are the way I have organized my thoughts as I use the online scriptures for a few years now.
I hope that this is soon resolved.
I am going to post a second and related question about tags in the Windows 8.1 app.
ebyers

Post by ebyers »

Not just tags, but the search capability is challenged as well. When I select "All Items" and search, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When I select certain topics in my notebook, sometimes it populates, some times it doesn't. Very frustrating. Instead of getting study time when I sit down early morning, I end up trying to figure out what's wrong - and then my study time is gone.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”