Using LDS Account to authenticate users in third party app

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
elginjohnmoore

Re: Using LDS Account to authenticate users in third party app

Post by elginjohnmoore »

I moved into a new Stake and was trying to set up an interview with a member of the Stake Presidency. I was told to go to the website and schedule an interview. Website? I asked. I was told to go here.... https://indywest.azurewebsites.net/Acco ... In#signout
is this legitimate?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Down at the bottom is it says "Not an official website of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints".

I wouldn't log in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

elginjohnmoore wrote:I moved into a new Stake and was trying to set up an interview with a member of the Stake Presidency. I was told to go to the website and schedule an interview. Website? I asked. I was told to go here.... https://indywest.azurewebsites.net/Acco ... In#signout
is this legitimate?
I would not be comfortable signing into that page, personally.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
archerv

Post by archerv »

This feature is desirable for some tech people who wants to organised our local ward. The house of the Lord is truly organised house and we will do the best to stay it that way. I am implementing a system for our ward just simply to have a list of our books, manuals, etc. and I desired to keep a records so we can identify if we are short of it and need to order, but I'd like to extend the functionality to give our leaders a chance to request resources to the clerks (as we have multiple ward in the chapel) through that system but I'd like to make sure that he/she will login (desirable if using church account) for security reason. I hope one day we are able to tap our authentication for simplicity and allow more contribution and to ease some callings.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This thread is 5 years old and it hasn't happened yet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”