manage home/visiting teaching and callings on lds.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
johnshaw

Re: manage home/visiting teaching and callings on lds.org

Post by johnshaw »

Relief Society Visiting Teaching Coordinator has the following rights online:

Reports --> Home and Visiting Teaching
Visiting Teaching --> Manage Companionships, Manage Districts, Record Visits and/or Contacts, View Statistics

Relief Society Visiting Teaching District Supervisor
Visiting Teaching --> Record Visits and/or Contacts

It appears this is by design of the solution.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

russellhltn wrote:
jonijensen wrote:I had one of my district leaders log into her lds.org account to see if she could see the information for her district and it doesn't appear that she can.
She may not be properly set up as a supervisor. That involves giving her the calling as well as setting her as the supervisor of a district. You may be able to set the latter, but not the former.
I didn't pay close attention to the titles. "VT Coordinator" has responsibility for all VT. "VT District Supervisor" has responsibility for their district. "District Leader" is not a standard calling and will have no special rights in LCR. They're "just a member", regardless of any custom calling given to them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jonijensen wrote:Hi - I was recently called as a visiting teaching supervisor. I can see all the visiting teaching districts and assignments for the whole Relief Society. I had one of my district leaders log into her lds.org account to see if she could see the information for her district and it doesn't appear that she can. Also, it doesn't look like an individual visiting teacher can see her assignment on lds.org. Will this be added in the near term? It make updating the district leaders and VTs very manual and time consuming. Any thoughts or suggestions for automating the process? Thanks, jonijensen@hotmail.com.
You have four visiting teaching district supervisors who are not assigned to a district. They will not be able to see anything unless they are assigned to a district.
chrisgrant

Post by chrisgrant »

adoga wrote:
simonawright wrote:I have asked if there will be any training materials for using Home and visiting teaching on LCR. The response was 'No' as they felt it was intuitive and didn't need anything.

I am wondering if this decision might be revised based on the number of posts regarding this topic and possibly feedback they will have received since it went live.
As Stake Membership Clerk, I'd love to see the menus too. I'm being asked by the Stake presidency to do training, even if it is simple, but cannot without being able to even see what is there. I vote for access to a wiki page or a simple PDF at the minimum. Any of you ward clerks out there want to make one for us lowly stake clerks?
As a stake clerk, I second this. It's hard for me to train others about an application to which I have no access and for which I have no detailed instructions.
lsbraudt

Post by lsbraudt »

I am a new Visiting Teacher Coordinator. It would be much easier for me to review and modify assignments if I could see the Move in and Move out reports. Names just disappear and show up. Would it be reasonable access for All Visiting Teacher Coordinator to have access to those reports directly?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lsbraudt wrote:I am a new Visiting Teacher Coordinator. It would be much easier for me to review and modify assignments if I could see the Move in and Move out reports. Names just disappear and show up. Would it be reasonable access for All Visiting Teacher Coordinator to have access to those reports directly?
The best way to get that request to the decision-makers is to use the Feedback link in the LCR page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jedci

Post by jedci »

russellhltn wrote:
lsbraudt wrote:I am a new Visiting Teacher Coordinator. It would be much easier for me to review and modify assignments if I could see the Move in and Move out reports. Names just disappear and show up. Would it be reasonable access for All Visiting Teacher Coordinator to have access to those reports directly?
The best way to get that request to the decision-makers is to use the Feedback link in the LCR page.
Or inquire if this is discussed in Ward Council - and the Presidency member attending can make note for VT assignments?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Relief Society presidency members and secretaries can see the "Members Moved In" and "Members Moved Out" reports on Leader and Clerk Resources – they could pass changes along to the visiting teaching coordinator.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”