Ordering personalized donation envelopes WITHOUT slips

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mwgrover

Ordering personalized donation envelopes WITHOUT slips

Post by mwgrover »

Somehow, we have ended up with a surplus of donation slips but we are running low on envelopes.

On LDS Store, there does not seem to be an option to only order personalized donation envelopes without receiving packages of slips as well.

Anyone know if we would be able to do this by calling Salt Lake direct? We don't need any more slips at this time and would prefer to receive a full box of personalized donation envelopes.
eblood66

Re: Ordering personalized donation envelopes WITHOUT slips

Post by eblood66 »

mwgrover wrote:Somehow, we have ended up with a surplus of donation slips but we are running low on envelopes.

On LDS Store, there does not seem to be an option to only order personalized donation envelopes without receiving packages of slips as well.

Anyone know if we would be able to do this by calling Salt Lake direct? We don't need any more slips at this time and would prefer to receive a full box of personalized donation envelopes.
I don't know of any option to order just envelopes but you could call and see. My guess is that it isn't possible. But when I was making orders I always had to make additional orders for slips between orders for envelopes (extra slips were needed for fast offerings, some people used more than one slip per envelope, etc). So I would expect that you'd eventually use them up. Or you could see if another unit in your area could use your extras.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

We already have a surplus of Tithing and Other Offerings forms, because most of the members in our ward use online donation. We had a new bishop sustained yesterday, so I had to order new donation envelopes AND Tithing and Other Offerings forms.

"Donation Envelope, Personalized -- These contribution envelopes are printed with the bishop or branch president’s name and address. Each order automatically includes 900 envelopes and 900 Tithing and Other Offerings forms."
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
baltaf3@gmail.com

Post by baltaf3@gmail.com »

[Moderator edit: Removed person's name and address.]
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Please keep in mind that this forum is publicly visible. Posting requests for donation envelopes here will not get them ordered. You need to do that via the proper official channels. Your stake clerk should be able to direct you to how to order envelopes.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

As of 03/22/23, a few updates to this thread for anyone who comes looking like I did:

1) Donation envelopes are now not available with pre-printed addresses, they are always generic and not specific to any Bishop / Branch President.
2) It appears the standard "900 envelopes and 900 slips" option is also gone
3) The donation slips are obviously priced per pack, but nowhere does it indicate (that I can find) how many slips come with that. Not sure if it's a single plastic-wrapped pack, or multiple packs.
4) The donation envelopes are available at an individual price, you could theoretically order just a single envelope I guess...
sethpage

Post by sethpage »

How can we order personalized donation envelopes now? Our bishop still receives some donations via mail and needs his address on the envelops.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

sethpage wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:44 am How can we order personalized donation envelopes now? Our bishop still receives some donations via mail and needs his address on the envelops.
I don't know myself for absolute certainty, but according to the post immediately above yours, you cannot. In another thread, suggested options include personalized name-and-address stamp or address labels. If you have a printer that can print directly on an envelope, that might be another option.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Please also refer to this post and the thread it's in: viewtopic.php?p=243245#p243245
ronlwood

Tithing Envelopes are no longer customizable (Donation Envelopes)

Post by ronlwood »

I just spoke to someone on the phone that fulfills the distribution of orders from the online store.

She indicated that at the time they stopped the customization of things such as letter head and envelopes for Bishops and Wards they also discounted the customization of donation/tithing envelopes.

THE ONLY OPTION AVAILABLE NOW is a donation envelope with blank lines in the top left corner and you can order ANY QUANTITY you would like (within reason). There isn’t a minimum order requirement.

She said that one package of donation slips still holds 225 slips on the online store, so if you wanted to match that quantity you could order 225 envelopes.

If you want to go to the effort of printing labels and placing them on the envelopes you could affix your bishops return address at your own effort.

Otherwise members that need to mail donations/tithing in will need to be given the address, locate it on members tools, or the locate it on churchofjesuschrist.org and print it themselves.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”