Add event to LDS tools app calendar

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
Neumann

Add event to LDS tools app calendar

Post by Neumann »

Hey, just wanted to say that I love how far things have come with the LDS tools app. When will we be able to edit/add events to calendars within the app instead of having to go to the website? For an executive secretary, that would be super beneficial!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Add event to LDS tools app calendar

Post by russellhltn »

First that ability/API would have to be added to the LDS Calendar itself. Secondly, since LDS Tools woks on a sync method rather than real-time, something would have to be worked out on what to do if conflicting information is input in different places. That's a pretty non-trivial issue. I'm not sure if there's any plans to solve it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wkchriste

Post by wkchriste »

I wanted to follow up to see if there's been any conversation around this topic? It's kind of gone dark and I'm interested in the results.

Is there a list anywhere that we can vote for items we would like to see implemented?

Thanks,
K.C.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wkchriste wrote:Is there a list anywhere that we can vote for items we would like to see implemented?
No. That's not the way the church works. It will happen when the Priesthood department decides to make it a priority. Right now, I think they're focused in development in other areas.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wkchriste wrote:I wanted to follow up to see if there's been any conversation around this topic? It's kind of gone dark and I'm interested in the results.
This same question is asked occasionally in the Calendar forum (see, for example, here). But the answer is the same: we've heard of no plans to put this capability in LDS Tools, but then again, we rarely hear of any plans until a feature is in beta or even released.
wkchriste wrote:Is there a list anywhere that we can vote for items we would like to see implemented?
Use the Feedback option within the LDS Tools app (on the Help menu) to make your suggestion. It's not an actual "vote," but someone on the team will at least see the suggestion.
danmilne

Post by danmilne »

As a recently call Bishop, my Exec Secretary and I are again asking the question: Is the ability to add/edit events to a calendar on the LDS tools app on the development road map?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

danmilne wrote:As a recently call Bishop, my Exec Secretary and I are again asking the question: Is the ability to add/edit events to a calendar on the LDS tools app on the development road map?
We seldom hear of plans or roadmaps for development efforts. For the most part they just show up when they show up. Those who are part of the beta test groups see something like this before the general membership. We have not heard of this in beta testing yet.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I believe the website adapts to the size of the screen fairly well. Yes, it's nicer to use a desktop machine for that, but for a quick "let's add an event", I think a phone will do ok.

annagent

Post by annagent »

Since I'm the one responsible for adding items to the Calendar, its very frustrating when I've had even difficulty adding events through the computer (it suddenly stopped working in Brave browser, I had to switch to MS Edge and Chrome) Finally only just a day or two ago, its finally back working in Brave. As this forum suggests, it would make a lot more sense to be able to add items through the Tools app!

One problem I've observed that has never cleared up for me for over 6 months, is that ALL events, no matter what 'calendar' its associated with are ALL the same color, they used to be different color depending upon if it was a Stake or Ward event, or an Auxiliary event... now everything is just orange! I'm still trying to figure out where to report a 'fix it' ticket for that....
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

annagent wrote:One problem I've observed that has never cleared up for me for over 6 months, is that ALL events, no matter what 'calendar' its associated with are ALL the same color, they used to be different color depending upon if it was a Stake or Ward event, or an Auxiliary event... now everything is just orange! I'm still trying to figure out where to report a 'fix it' ticket for that....
The color for each calendar is user selectable. The color box to the left of the calendar name shows the color you have selected. Change the color by clicking that box to see the color options. If that is not working then it may be a browser issue.

Edit: the color in the online Calendar works fine. There is an issue with the calendar display colors in Member Tools. Send feedback from within the app.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Android Member Tools App”