Add event to LDS tools app calendar

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Add event to LDS tools app calendar

Post by lajackson »

jdlessley wrote:
annagent wrote:. . . now everything is just orange!
The color for each calendar is user selectable.
I have this same frustration. I have found that all of the colors on all of the calendars reset to a very unreadable orange every time there is a Member Tools update. I am pretty certain they also change based on other things I have not yet identified. One time I even had a sync flash back at me in lovely orange.

I sent feedback and the official response was just to change it back whenever my preferences disappeared. I did not have any appropriate words to convey my reaction to that kind of "support".
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:I sent feedback and the official response was just to change it back whenever my preferences disappeared. I did not have any appropriate words to convey my reaction to that kind of "support".
I'm still waiting on them to address the fact I have no calendar in Member Tools. Works fine on the website.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
annagent

Post by annagent »

lajackson wrote:I sent feedback and the official response was just to change it back whenever my preferences disappeared. I did not have any appropriate words to convey my reaction to that kind of "support".
So the colors are reflecting of the calendars one has subscribed to... on the Website the calendar reflects this.... Obviously, who ever is at the help desk doesn't understand how the calendar works and there is an error in the programming to populate the web calendar to the tools app!

I keep saying I'll try to send feedback, but for some reason either I'm dealing with limited memory and crashes and can't.... OR the tool can't even update the sync, I still get sync errors too!!!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

annagent wrote:Obviously, who ever is at the help desk doesn't understand how the calendar works and there is an error in the programming to populate the web calendar to the tools app!
When I changed the colors of my calendars in Member Tools, it turned around and updated the colors at the Church website. Now I cannot read them, either.
annagent

Post by annagent »

UPDATE, I sent in a ticket through the app of the calendars problem. Just got a reply back.... they said I wasn't running the latest version of the app and that I needed to remove the version I'm using and replace with the updated version.... its strange because I had checked and the details of the app are telling me mine is up-to-date. Apparently, they've now issued a completely new version? \0/ so I just wanted to post here with this news, since I've not seen any responses to the problems -- at least with the colors of the various calendar categories having changed to orange and no way to fix.... I'm worried however, that I may not be able to add this new version to my phone....as I have hardly any space left -- I'm somewhat stuck even after deleting all sorts of apps I never use... my phone is still part of my problem in the end. I can't afford a new phone at this time either. SIGH. Hope who ever is looking here sees this as a solution to problems they've had with Member Tools.

I did just go to the Play Store and noticed its now running version 4.3 which I just now ran the update, and it says that is what I'm now running... but that did not fix the calendars being only one color issue.
roblaw88

Post by roblaw88 »

The tools app is wonderful. That said I think it should be noted that the instructions on use specifically for scheduling events is quite confusing to most people. While this may seem trivial it has been my experience that this issue can and has created significant scheduling conflicts when ward events are scheduled for a building resource like the cultural hall and another ward schedules an event like a funeral. Separate events that are not stake events or building restrictions on use but are easily overcome if each ward can simply identify potential use conflicts. I have seen this type of conflict occur on numerous instances perhaps better instructions and transparency on resource scheduling is needed here.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

roblaw88 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:29 pm Separate events that are not stake events or building restrictions on use but are easily overcome if each ward can simply identify potential use conflicts. I have seen this type of conflict occur on numerous instances perhaps better instructions and transparency on resource scheduling is needed here.
I would suggest refining the suggestion a bit and submitting it via feedback.

As for the funeral, I'd suggest they should schedule "entire facility" to prevent conflicting events (or uncover existing conflicting events). In general, it would probably be best to schedule not just the rooms in use, but any rooms that would cause conflict with the event. Anyone needing to schedule something can contact the submitter to see if something could be worked out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danmilne

Post by danmilne »

The Help Center currently states, “ Currently, you can only add or edit calendar events through the Calendar on ChurchofJesusChrist.org.”. I.e. you can’t add or edit a calendar event through the LDS Member Tools app. :(
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

danmilne wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:33 pm The Help Center currently states, “ Currently, you can only add or edit calendar events through the Calendar on ChurchofJesusChrist.org.”. I.e. you can’t add or edit a calendar event through the LDS Member Tools app. :(
If that were ever added to Tools, it would only be a front-end to the on-line calendar. That is, you'd have to have a good network connection at the time. You couldn't do it offline. Otherwise, you could have have conflicting events created by the different ways of entering.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”