All day events showing as two days long

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: All day events showing as two days long

Post by russellhltn »

Yeah, that's worse than normal.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Leesat

Post by Leesat »

This still is a problem for us. I am entering a number of all day events...camps, holidays that sort of thing, and it continues to show up as 2 days. For example, I enter 'New Years Day' on Jan 1 as all day event and it comes up showing from 1st - 2nd Jan (2 days). Im in Australia, using Mac OS, Safari. I have also tried it on Mozilla, with the same results. It's getting frustrating as camp dates appear to start a day earlier and finish a day later than is the case.
rscroggin

Post by rscroggin »

Try this work-around. Not the best, but it works. Add the event giving it an Event Name and optionally an Event Description. However, don't select "All day event" and leave the Start/Stop times as they defaulted. Then, click Create Event. After you're returned to the calendar click the event you just created and then click Edit event details and location. This time, select "All day event", make any other changes you want, and click Update Event. You should now see your all day event on a single day the way you want it. Give it a try.
Leesat

Post by Leesat »

Thanks! Have done this and it works. Appreciate the help.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

This problem is on our list of top problems to fix. We hope to have it fixed after general conference.

Dave Crockett - calendar product manager
dcefros

Post by dcefros »

Am having the same problem, and it impacts all day repeating events that have a later date that falls on a DST change. For example, I create Fast Sunday on January 3, 2016 repeating for the whole year. At least one of those repeat first Sundays of the month falls on DST change, so every fast sunday now shows Sunday through Monday year long. This has never been an issue in past years (this is my fourth year preparing the stake calendar).

Tried to create a one day event on another day and drag it over, but that fails on March 8 2016 (Start of DST) and it converts it into a two day event. My local time zone is Pacific if that makes a difference. The attachment shows what is entered and how it displays.

Help!
Attachments
Calendar Goofs.doc
(530.5 KiB) Downloaded 433 times
justusmitchells

Re: All day events showing as two days long or longer

Post by justusmitchells »

We have had issues calendaring events for this entire year. If I schedule an event for 3 days it schedules it for 4 or 5 days. I scheduled YW Camp Monday through Saturday and it scheduled it through Sunday. Most of the time it adds an extra day at the beginning and an extra day at the end. When is this going to get fixed?
Leesat

Post by Leesat »

CrockettDR wrote:This problem is on our list of top problems to fix. We hope to have it fixed after general conference.

Dave Crockett - calendar product manager

Apparently it's being fixed now.
justusmitchells

Post by justusmitchells »

Any idea when the release will be ready?
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

The release went out today, Try it out. However, we detected a problem with setup/takedown times. When you create a new event, those fields should be "none" by default, but they are blank causing an error message if the user doesn't set it to "none." We will try to fix that fast or will need to roll back the release because it is pretty confusing to the user because the error message just says data fields are incomplete.

Return to “Calendar”