"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR is appending a logo and unit name

Post by lajackson »

tmckinlayv wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 2:28 pm It only has the unit name, doesn't mention the stake name,
If you are a stake leader, it shows the name of the stake instead of the name of the ward.

I thought at first it might have been an industrious member hijacking the Church name logotype, but it is too good for that. So I tested with a stake message. It goes out on all of the messages now.

I actually like it. It uses the proper logo, just as Church letterhead used to do, along with the name of the unit. Before, I could never tell if messages from my ward were from the Church or from a personal email account without scanning all the way to the bottom. Now I know right away if it is official or not.
carlsonjf

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by carlsonjf »

I have a member with a gmail account that stopped getting email from lcr / send message. I just tested it and I got:
“ The recipients below were rejected by the server. Please verify their email addresses” and then the name and email. I clicked the address in the rejected email (to ensure exact spelling, etc) to send an email directly from me and my account to the same email. It went through fine.

Can you please check certs / etc to ensure gmail is not rejecting email from the church?

Thanks,
Jeff
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

carlsonjf wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:00 pm Can you please check certs / etc to ensure gmail is not rejecting email from the church?
Please keep in mind that nobody here can comply with that request. This is a user-to-user discussion forum. To get such a problem report and request for a fix to those who can take action, please use the Feedback button or link on the most relevant page or app.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I received a message on my gmail account from the RS President on Sunday via LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I wonder if the member has marked LCR messages as spam in the past and their Gmail account is now blocking them?

The last Send A Message I sent, I had a few bounce-back messages, but none were surprising and none were from active members.
caillines

Post by caillines »

Several of our members' gmail accounts are rejecting "send a message" messages too. For the ones that I know are active, I just forward it as a BCC straight from my personal account.
bschroader

Post by bschroader »

This week, I sent out two E-Mails, one to the entire ward and one to myself for testing. These e-Mails don't seem to be going out this week. I'm not getting a confirmation E-Mail either.

I'm sending out E-Mails weekly. Something is definitely broke this week.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I just did a test, and nothing went out. Is this only with gmail addresses?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I sent one on Sunday to all adults in the ward. I had a dozen or so bounce back (some Gmail, some others). I'm on Gmail and received the confirmation. I know some with Gmail addresses received the email.
j.brinkman

Post by j.brinkman »

Hello,

The Send Message function on the main site LCR is not working. I have tried yesterday 6/29 and today 6/30 to send out 2 emails to our EQ in LCR and neither one has been delivered to any members. I get the green indicator on the site that the message is sending, but no conformation or actual email is received by anyone.

Thank you.
Bro Brinkman

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”