"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by lajackson »

garystroble wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:30 pm The fact that one person is not seeing a problem is hardly an indication of anything statistically. Continuing to insist otherwise does not make it so.
No one is saying there is not a problem. I have read enough here to believe that there is, although I have not personally experienced it.

I think the important thing to remember is that, while those of us here are able to provide data points, none of us can do anything about it. The people who read the feedback are the ones who will do that. So, as always, take every opportunity to provide any details, experiences, and information that you believe might help the developers identify and solve the problem.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

lajackson wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:37 pm
garystroble wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:30 pm The fact that one person is not seeing a problem is hardly an indication of anything statistically. Continuing to insist otherwise does not make it so.
No one is saying there is not a problem. I have read enough here to believe that there is, although I have not personally experienced it.

I think the important thing to remember is that, while those of us here are able to provide data points, none of us can do anything about it. The people who read the feedback are the ones who will do that. So, as always, take every opportunity to provide any details, experiences, and information that you believe might help the developers identify and solve the problem.
Actually the people who read the feedback are mostly church service missionaries, many of whom have little or no technical background. I have read their responses to some of my feedback in the past and it was beyond not comprehending. It is partially because of this filtering system in place that things are taking so long to get looked at.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

garystroble wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:45 pm Actually the people who read the feedback are mostly church service missionaries, many of whom have little or no technical background. I have read their responses to some of my feedback in the past and it was beyond not comprehending. It is partially because of this filtering system in place that things are taking so long to get looked at.
In my experience, stating that I'm filing a bug report and want the report escalated to engineering seems to be reasonably effective at cutting through filtering by non-technical service missionaries.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

rmrichesjr wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:07 pm
garystroble wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:45 pm Actually the people who read the feedback are mostly church service missionaries, many of whom have little or no technical background. I have read their responses to some of my feedback in the past and it was beyond not comprehending. It is partially because of this filtering system in place that things are taking so long to get looked at.
In my experience, stating that I'm filing a bug report and want the report escalated to engineering seems to be reasonably effective at cutting through filtering by non-technical service missionaries.
Where is the guidance shown to escalate a bug report? I have never seen anything on this at all. Even the physical facilities FIR system has a way to escalate things. If that is truly an option with feedback bug reports, it would be nice to have it showing to all. Oh, I forgot we should put in a feedback to suggest this, sigh.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

garystroble wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:12 pm Where is the guidance shown to escalate a bug report? I have never seen anything on this at all. Even the physical facilities FIR system has a way to escalate things. If that is truly an option with feedback bug reports, it would be nice to have it showing to all. Oh, I forgot we should put in a feedback to suggest this, sigh.
I have just included a statement to that effect in my written description of the issue.
sebastian.buck

Post by sebastian.buck »

The length of the thread shows how long this problem has been existing. The problem is not when emails get actively rejected by the receiving server. In such cases there should be an error messages. Of course these error messages need to be delivered to brothers or sisters sending a message using the LCR tool. From my experience this works adequately well.

The real problem however is when the receiving email server silently rejects an email without any error message. The email gets received and than will be internally deleted. There is no way for the sender to know about it.

Having said this it is important to know that all email services that send out mass emails or emails to a lot of recipients are facing this problem. Most however have found a way to work around it or limit the problem.

Outgoing email servers have a lot of ways to drastically limit the number of rejected or silently deleted emails on the recipient‘s side.

And apparently the church has not found a suitable way and have been suffering from these issues for years.
chrispremo

Post by chrispremo »

Having been an email system administrator I have known of issues were another domain server marks any messages from another domain as junk and will reject the email. Not saying this is the case but the Church eMail/Domain administrator should research this possibility and contact the potential domain admins to ensure this isn’t happening.
sebastian.buck

Post by sebastian.buck »

Rejected emails will generate an error message. This is not really a problem since the sender will get informed about an email not being able to get delivered.
cgiddley

Post by cgiddley »

I was able to receive emails via LCR without any trouble until I became ward executive secretary two weeks ago and I gained access to LCR, after never having had access to it before. Since then, I haven't been able to receive any emails from anyone, including myself, and I can't send emails to anyone. My stake clerk doesn't know why. Can someone help me? I have a Yahoo email account. I get the green indicator saying the message is sending, as well, but then I receive no confirmation, and no one, including myself, receives the email. I can't receive emails from any of the other ward leaders, either. I'm missing out on everything and having to ask others to send emails for me.
cgiddley

Post by cgiddley »

Replying to Sebastien, I do not receive an error message of any kind. I've tried about 10 times.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”